Account Executive, Enterprise
Franklin, MassachusettsJob ID R037561 Date posted Oct. 10, 2019
Company: Dell Technologies
Division: Dell EMC, Unstructured Data Solutions Division
Job Description: Account Executive
Location: Boston Area
Do you thrive in a complex, highly collaborative technology sales environment? Do you strive to sell for a consistent industry leader? If this is you, then “Think Dell!”
The Unstructured Data Solutions (UDS) Division of Dell EMC is the global leader in scale-out data storage systems. Our scale-out storage platform is a powerful, yet simple way to manage data and applications, enabling enterprises to expect much more from their storage. Limitless capacity in a single file system? Yes! Industry-leading performance? Yes! Application consolidation? Yes! Simply put, we have the world’s best product for solving the challenges of the fastest growing segment of the storage industry. Sound interesting? If you thrive in results-oriented environments and have high expectations for yourself and for others, take a closer look at the Dell EMC.
What is exciting about this opportunity?
We want to talk to sales candidates interested in the following opportunity:
We are seeking professional sales over-achievers with excellent communication skills and a consistent track record of exceeding quota in a fast-paced sales environment. Successful applicants possess knowledge of file-based storage, professionalism, integrity, strong presentation and collaboration skills, and a passion for winning.
Under limited direction, your focus will be to meet and exceed assigned quota, build territory revenue, prospect and close named accounts against established competition through individual initiative and by leveraging the core Dell EMC Sales Team and professional resources. Establish and nurture relationships with all levels of customer organizations as appropriate, departmental through line of business and CxO. Assimilate specific vertical market background, requirements, and infrastructure attributes, and apply this knowledge to sell UDS solutions. Execute account strategies and coordinate team-selling efforts with core selling team for a portfolio to close business on a quarterly and annual basis. Manage all UDS sales opportunities, maintaining accurate forecasting and communication with management. Drive customer satisfaction in all assigned accounts.
This role is focused on hunting and farming sales opportunities to penetrate large accounts focused on promoting EMC Unstructured Data solutions. Additional responsibilities include:
- Thoroughly understand and articulate the Division strategy, technical direction, capabilities and product solutions resulting in the ability to collaborate on all sales campaigns, respond quickly and effectively to RFP’s and to deliver technical and business presentations to all levels of decision makers
- Extensive coordination with finance to ensure cost proposals, cost models, rate structures and profit margins are correct, current and in compliance with Dell EMC standards
- Ensure value proposition meets the customer’s requirements and can be delivered within the proposed scope.
- Responsible for account and industry analysis, complex problem resolution and communication between clients, sales, management, and Federation sales teams. Design, develop, and deliver reports to senior leaders and executive level clients.
- Identify, evaluate, recruit and manage resources needed to successfully lead sales campaigns.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience selling enterprise storage, experience with file-based storage is preferred.
- Active knowledge of the computer industry, especially file-base storage, networking, infrastructure and storage products.
- Strong experience managing multi-tiered customer relationships. Demonstrated ability to penetrate and close new accounts and opportunities.
- Strategic account planning experience; history of proactive creation and ongoing management of detailed account plans for a portfolio.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed environment, fostering communication within specialized and core sales teams, while promoting independent activities and parallel efforts.
- BA/BS in Business, Management, Computer Science, or Engineering fields.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
From developing brand new accounts to driving expansion across existing accounts, our Direct Sales team transforms opportunity into action every day. Whether focusing on a geographical area, product line, industry, channel or market segment, their goal is the same: to develop relationships with the end-users of the organization and generate meaningful sales. They are the direct line between our ground-breaking portfolio of product solutions and the desks of satisfied customers.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.