Channel Networking Sales Specialist
FranceJob ID R83558 Date posted Jun. 11, 2019
Channel Network Sales Specialist (NSS)
Role Overview and High Level Requirements:
A fantastic opportunity to join one of the most dynamic sales teams in Dell EMC to help drive channel sales growth for across France This is an external role with the key responsibility to develop and execute the Dell EMC Networking channel strategy across the French region which empowers and enables our partners to collaborate with Dell EMC Networking to exceed revenue target, the channel NSS will have direct responsibility over networking reseller and distribution partners in the region. Reporting to the EMEA Dell EMC Networking Director, the channel NSS will focus on establishing and growing business and technical relationships while managing day-to-day partner interactions, helping to drive top line revenue growth and overall market adoption.
Areas of Responsibility – Channel Strategy, Management and Execution:
- Responsible for developing and executing on all aspects of the networking channel business and engagement with both the Dell EMC distributors and reseller partners, to develop and implement a regional strategy that empowers and enables our local partners to collaborate with Dell EMC Networking to exceed revenue targets and to build a steady flow of net new revenue from pipeline creation to closure of business.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive go-to-market business plan with all focus reseller partners which is in line with the Dell EMC Networking market strategy and accelerates channel growth in the region. This includes tracking of partner revenue, enablement and achievement of joint business goals.
- Ensure that Dell EMC Networking sales specialists work closely and are fully engaged with each focus reseller partner to maximise sales success
- Responsible for developing and executing business plans with key distributors that promote new partner recruitment, technical enablement of reseller partners, incremental business generation and a balanced portfolio of Dell EMC Networking solutions (DC and Campus). Focus should be on net new customer sales.
- Communicates and reinforces channel strategy via integration and alignment with key stakeholders, including field sales teams, channel sales, inside sales, and pre-sales; provides leadership and accountability for execution of strategy and objectives
- Responsible for articulating Dell EMC Networking vision and strategy, driving and measuring Dell EMC Channel programme requirements and participation.
- Creates and executes operational rigour, including business plan management and regular cadence of reviews (weekly and monthly) with all “focus” partners to exceed revenue achievements. Provide regular and detailed business reviews to the senior management team.
- Execution of sales and marketing campaigns with key partners throughout the region. Utilise available marketing funds to drive with the partners comprehensive lead generation campaigns for the whole Dell EMC Networking portfolio and measure and report the Return on Investment (RoI) on these campaigns
- Maintain a visible presence within all focus partners and ensure they have the appropriate resources to sell and support the Dell EMC networking portfolio. Understand the technical skill set of each partner and work closely with them to bridge any gaps in knowledge, ensuring they have a full and thorough level of capability within their preferred speciality (DC, Campus etc)
- Actively engage with the local Dell EMC channel organisation for planning and field execution of the Dell EMC Networking strategy with focus partners and distributors
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts for all focus partners such that the data within SFDC correctly reflects the current quarter position for commit, upside and pipeline, plus outlook for future quarters. Focus should be primarily focused on development and building of pipeline.
Required Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have extensive (min 5 years) experience of performing a similar role within a networking environment, with a demonstrable track record of over-achieving.
- Ability to influence at a senior executive level, influence others and achieve results. Individual requires both a business background that enables them to engage at the CxO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to manage joint GTM efforts and easily interact with channel partners and distributors.
- Strong technical acumen and deep familiarity with networking technology within the data centre and campus environments. Demonstrated ability to understand product and technical challenges within the networking arena as well as the capacity to build and convey compelling value propositions to channel partners
- Strong oral, written communication, presentation skills and interpersonal skills
- Experience selling as an overlay sales person in a matrix organisation. If not, clearly the individual will need to understand the dynamics of a matrix organisation where there are Account Managers responsible for accounts in specific verticals and the sales specialist is an "expert" in his/her product environment and will act as a team player to enable deals of this type to happen,
- Self-motivated and directed, have strong follow up skills and attention to detail oriented
- Establishes positive working relationships with partners, colleagues and management peers
- Previous experience of working in US technology and sales culture would be advantageous – the individual must speak English and French