Software Engineer - Software testing and automation
Eldorado do Sul, BrazilJob ID R71069 Date posted May. 17, 2019
Software Engineer 2 - Software testing and automation
Eldorado do Sul
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Engineer 2 on our Quality Engineering team in Eldorado do Sul.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Performs estimation efforts on projects.
- Conducts a variety of quality-control tests and analysis to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements.
- Develop and deliver test plans and test cases.
- Develop and deliver automated scripts
- Drives and executes test scripts according to application requirements documentation and the testing plan
- Develop and deliver an automation strategy with proven results/savings
- Monitor/Logs defects.
- Retests software corrections to ensure problems are resolved.
- Documents evolution of testing cases/scripts for future replication
- Generate reports, status and analysis for upper management
- Demonstrates understanding of intersystem dependencies around primary applications.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new information and develop general knowledge of system being tested.
- Understands automated testing tools and procedures (must be able to define what test scenarios should be automated)
- Proven ability to develop and maintain automated scripts (must be able to develop automated scripts)
- Proven ability to diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to lead small/medium projects
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Lead and train local and team members around globe.
- Graduate degree and at least 3-4 years relevant experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: xx xxxxxxxxx 20xx.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.