Software Engineer 2 - IT (I6), Brazil
Eldorado do Sul, BrazilJob ID R033770 Date posted Sep. 23, 2019
Software Engineer II - Application Support
Dell IT Overview:
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
About Business Unit:
Dell's IT, Order Management system, Customer Output Operational team is hiring a Senior Software Engineer - to understand problem area and fix them. Responsibilities will include coordinating functional team activities, daily stand ups, managing Incident Tasks and providing technical and process guidance. Order Management IT team is an essential part of the Dell IT team - building solutions that allows our customers to place orders. You will play a defining role in the continuing evolution of production stability of the Order management applications
- Plans, conducts and leads assignments generally involving moderate, high budgets projects or more than one project.
- Manages user expectations regarding appropriate milestones and deadlines.
- Assists in training, work assignment and checking of less experienced developers.
- Serves as technical consultant to leaders in the IT organization and functional user groups.
- Subject matter expert in one or more technical programming specialties; employs expertise as a generalist of a specialist.
- Performs estimation efforts on complex projects and tracks progress.
- Works on the highest level of problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Documents, evaluates and researches test results; documents evolution of testing scripts for future replication.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to enhance the effectiveness of quality assurance strategies Leads in analyzing project requirements and design.
- Represents the organization as the principal customer contact and often performs project leadership role Interacts with management and senior customer personnel on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field (on going)
- Possess solid experience in applications support and/or development.
- Strong development and application support experience Oracle EBS application, including modules OM, AR and inventory
- Experienced in core java and administration skills in Linux and Windows environments
- Strong technical knowledge in the following areas are preferred:
Scala, Java, Python and Cloud technologies, Oracle, WebLogic
- Broad understanding in JMS like RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ and caching technology like GemFire
- Good knowledge on Layer 7 API Management Solution and Web Services configuration
- Knowledge of writing UNIX Shell Scripts to automate System admin jobs
- Experience in analyzing logs for troubleshooting Application and Web server issues
- Good experience in installation and troubleshoot SSL certs
- In-depth knowledge of JVM debugging, analyze Thread/Heap/TCP dumps
- Knowledge in Jenkins, SVN
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry knowledge are plus
- Basic understanding of RDBMS and SQL database technologies
- Good analytical, problem solving, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, very good command of English and excellent communications are mandatory.
- Strong team player with ability to work in a team and as individual contributor.
- Process Experience – Very strong in ITIL processes on Change Management, Problem Management, Incident Management and ITIL Process related activities
- Develop Documentation as necessary for knowledge sharing within team
- Provide support on regulatory compliance activities to meet legal requirements to maintain adherence to such demands as SOX, PCI, Disaster Recovery, Data Classification & Protection, etc.
Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.