Senior Software Engineer (SDET)
Eldorado do Sul, BrazilJob ID R87554 Date posted Jun. 14, 2019
Senior Software Engineer (SDET)
Eldorado do Sul - RS - Brazil
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Software Engineer (SDET) on our Quality Engineering & Operations team in Eldorado do Sul.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Analyzes and conducts thorough quality-control tests to ensure that software operates properly, is defect-free, and meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. Documents and works to resolve all problems. Reports progress on problem resolution to leadership. Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations.
Will have a major participation in all segment automation development, being responsible for creating, maintaining and tracking automation for multiple applications and programs. Will lead automation engineers on standards adoption, coding and configuration, acting as a coach for quality engineers working with automation Will report directly into the IT manager to provide status and establish plans for achieving the organization goals for automation adoption.
- Performs estimation efforts on projects and tracks progress;
- Drafts and revises test plans and scripts with consideration to end-to-end system flows;
- Executes test scripts according to application requirements documentation;
- Logs defects, identifies course of action and performs preliminary root cause analysis;
- Coordinates multiple testers and testing activities within a project;
- May act as a project test lead and provide direction to lower level testers;
- Retests software corrections to ensure problems are resolved;
- Documents evolution of testing procedures for future replication;
- Understands automated testing tools and procedures;
- Proven ability to develop and implement automation strategy;
- Proven ability to develop and maintain automated scripts;
- Interacts with other testing members, leader and interaction with development, project management, and interaction with business partners and external vendors/suppliers;
- Reporting capabilities of testing status to a diverse audience including IT and Business partners;
- Ability to collect and perform analysis and create action plans on testing metrics ;
- Experience to coordinate activities of outsourced testers.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: xx xxxxxxxxx 20xx.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Bachelor’s Degree in IT education;
Relevant experience or equivalent combination of IT education and IT work experience;
Experience to work with global teams;
Experience on Agile methodologies;
Fluency in English;
Working knowledge of automated testing tools and procedures;
Previous experience as software developer and test automation;
Knowledge on programming languages like C# and Java;
Knowledge on test automation tools like OATS, Selenium, VSTS.
5 or more years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Graduate degree and at least 5 years relevant experience