Senior Software Engineer - IT
Eldorado do Sul, BrazilJob ID R035029 Date posted Sep. 16, 2019
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer – IT (I7)
Dell IT Overview:
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
About Business Unit:
Dell is hiring a Software Engineer to be part of Dell Digital Support Lifecycle – Assets & Entitlements engineering team. This engineer will be responsible for delivering programs in a dynamic, fast paced, scalable agile environment. As part of the team s/he will be responsible for new development, innovation, implementing and deploying new enhancements to Dell’s support platform, interacting with development teams across regions, work closely with our business partners to understand requirements, and develop/enhance existing systems in timely manner.
We are looking for the highly motivated, goal-oriented individuals who have a strong background in Enterprise/Systems/Application Architecture, with proven abilities to innovate and be creative and passionate about customer experience and satisfaction. S/he should be well versed with the various architectural principles and hands on and ready to work on new generation technologies and should drive adoption of cloud-based technologies like PCF. S/he should also be ready to take up a mentor role or lead the team and drive the team’s strategy and define the success parameters for the team members and Dells business.
Ideal candidates will have extensive experience in object-oriented programming and experience in large multi-national corporations. Candidates should be excellent team players, yet capable of working independently, and will be able to manage multiple projects at once. Candidates will work with very little direction, will be comfortable leading conference calls, and can drive the direction of very large projects being developed by multi-shore teams.
- Creates design specifications for high availability and highly scalable applications.
- Works with clients and Business Analysts to determine software requirements and system impacts
- Generates technical documentation as well as unit and functional tests, Prepares test data for unit, string and parallel testing.
- Mentors junior developers in industry best practices, procedures, and concepts
- Is responsible for ensuring quality of their work as well as the work of the entire development team
- Investigates new technologies and techniques and researches ongoing industry developments
- Works closely with the global development team, other senior Solution Architects to plan ongoing feature development, product maintenance, and enhancements
- Engineering Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
- 6-8 years of Experience in IT Industry, Developing, Defining and Solutioning Digital Applications
- Good experience on developing RESTful Web Services or Micro Services
- Strong hold on Data structures and Algorithms
- Strong hold on Java Programming language - Java 8 is added advantage
- Hands on experience with developing web applications using later Angular Technology
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as PCF
- Good to be hands on Database technologies like Oracle, Cassandra
- Experience with Agile development; comfortable working in 2- or 3-week sprints resulting in a working, potentially shippable product at the end of every sprint
- Experience with modernizing legacy Java web applications to current standards as well as deploying Java EE & Spring applications to enterprise application servers such as WebLogic
- Strong exposure to Java development, object-oriented design, concurrent and distributed programming along with development best practices including JUnit, TDD and BDD
- Agile tools including GIT, TFS and code quality tools including Sonar and PMD.
- Core Java
- Angular 2/4/6
- Spring Boot
- Spring Framework Basics
- Spring DI, Spring AOP, Spring MVC, Spring REST, Spring Security
- Spring ORM / Spring Data JPA
- ORACLE SQL/PLSQL Developer (Partition tables, Triggers, Performance tuning, Indexes, Collections)
- Experience in DevOps and CICD, Git/Github/Gitlab/TFS
- Understanding of NoSQL platforms such as Cassandra/MongoDB
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.