Global Account Manager, T-Systems (f/m/d)
Dusseldorf, GermanyJob ID R79947 Date posted Dec. 21, 2018
Global Account Manager T-Systems (f/m/d)
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the Alliances Business at Dell EMC, we are looking for a Global Account Manager to join our Global Account team for T-Systems in Germany.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. Our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
As part of the Deutsche Telekom Global Account Team, the Global Account Manager builds and owns the strategy to drive a long term partnership and intimacy with T-Systems, worldwide and deliver solid revenue and margin growth Brings innovation, thought leadership and creativity from previous experience together with industry knowledge and expertise. The role directs all activities of the global resources engaged on the T-Systems account for sales, service and technical support to ensure optimum customer satisfaction with Dell EMC products and services, and orchestrates a tight interaction with Dell Technologies Strategically Aligned Businesses (VMWare, Pivotal, RSA, Virtustream in particular) and manages and guides a large, multicultural, global virtual team and provides and delivers vertical Telecommunication focus and expertise to that team.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops strategic plans based on industry trending and customer analysis, in both Service Provider and Integration motions, in particular in the areas of Multi-Cloud, SD-WAN), IOT, Security and Healthcare.
- Directly drives and closes large deals, including Enterprise License Agreements, orchestrating the engagement of a large, global team and all associates interactions and negotiations with T-Systems.
- Orchestrates executive engagement across the account, including a formal governance up to executive level.
- Drives a joint Go-To-Market engagement, co-developing offerings with T-Systems, and driving pipeline creation by connecting Dell EMC and T-Systems sales teams in all key markets, enabling them with the right tools, solution briefs and battlecards and actively engaging on key opportunities.
- Participates in contract negotiations. Manages the production of proposals, account or market plans, and forecast/report sales activity. Prepares sales forecasts, account status reports, and recommendations to enhance account growth and revenue potential.
- Gathers detailed information about the account (install base, financial footprint, potential revenue, etc). Identifies decision makers, understands their strategic business challenges and prioritizes opportunities critical to the account. Develops and implements a comprehensive Global Sales Plan.
- Works with Finance, Legal, Sales Ops, and Sales Engineering groups to effectively propose innovative Global solutions. Ensures proper qualification of sales leads/opportunities and provide high quality opportunity management during all phases of the sales cycle. Identifies customer requirements that may necessitate customized and complex solutions.
- Provides oversight and appropriate level of intervention with service delivery to promote customer satisfaction. Ensures professional sales coordination and account planning and resolves possible account ownership issues.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years GAM role experience for a Fortune 500 customer in a large organization, including matrix management and complex internal and external stakeholder management. Demonstrated ability to understand the business requirements of the customer and build solutions that addresses the business needs.
- Strong understanding of the Global Telecommunications industry, trends, competitive environment, technology evolutions. Proven experience in developing business with T-Systems. Strong existing contact network within the client.
- Experience in building large and complex business case and understanding of complex P&Ls. Moreover, experience working on global/large complex accounts
- Focus on relationship building with key executives. Strong presentation skills and technical knowledge including extensive sales experience in a technical field.
- Ability to play a lead role in driving a team of integrators, resellers and internal employees to grow market share and expand into new areas of the account and aggressively expand our relationships.
- Sales and Account Management skills as well as leadership and management experience.
- Fluent in German and English
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.