Technical Support Engineer 2
Dublin, IrelandJob ID R041888 Date posted Nov. 05, 2019
Delivery Engineer II, (English plus Italian or Arabic)
Dell ProSupport Plus Systems Maintenance Team
Are you a brilliant problem solver who could provide frontline support for a game changing, enterprise-wide support service? Do you want to be a hero to Dell’s EMEA customers by resolving their complex IT issues? Within Dell Global Support and Deployment, we are looking for a Delivery Engineer to join us in Dublin
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Dell Services develops and delivers solutions that enable clients to maximize returns on IT investments, drive efficiencies and reduce costs. Working with highly skilled technical advisors you will:
- Ability to create, plan, and deliver mid to large-sized maintenance services for ProSupport Plus customers to ensure customers Dell EMC estate is in an optimized state
- Willingness to collaborate with Technical Service Managers (TSM) organization to ensure effective delivery for end customer engagement
- Ability to stay abreast of current industry trends, new technologies, and company solutions through internal training classes, networking with fellow engineers, and acquiring relevant industry certifications.
- Ability to troubleshoot environment and/or system issues during delivery and escalate to relevant support LOBs should issues occur during delivery of systems maintenance plan.
- Ensuring customer engagements are handled in an efficient, effective, & professional manner to minimize customer impact and maximize future customer loyalty.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of Dell EMC Server and Storage hardware and software
- Knowledge of networking (including WAN topology; mixed LAN and WAN operating system environments; DNS, WINS and DHCP; firewall solutions and network load balancing) and current Server Operating systems (such as Windows, Linux or UNIX)
- Strong customer focus and communication skills
- Fluency in English AND Italian or Arabic
- Relevant industry certifications (such as A+, CCNA or VMWare)
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.