Software Principal Engineer
Dublin, IrelandJob ID R031569 Date posted Aug. 27, 2019
Principal Software Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Principal Software Engineer in our Live Optics team based in Cork.
Dell EMC Live Optics™ is the next generation of IT workload profiling created to allow a modern method of collecting, visualizing, and sharing performance and design characteristics for IT environments. Currently Live Optics is utilized in 170 countries by IT Professionals as well as employees and partners of the entire Dell Technologies family of companies.
The Dell EMC Live Optics team is expanding in Cork. Each member of Live Optics is expected and encouraged to express their creativity for problem solving and contribute to both technique and features of the product. A true opportunity for your ideas to come alive and be globally utilized is at your fingertips. Do you have a passion to work with cutting edge cloud technologies? Do you have a desire to influence evolving cloud initiatives? The Live Optics team is looking for an exceptional, highly motivated and ambitious team player to build, execute and deliver a best of breed software stack to our customers.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will take technical ownership of design and implementation of Live Optics software and coordinate with the US/Ireland/Egypt based architecture team. Core responsibilities include:
- Coding solutions to a high level of testability, modularity and maintainability
- Architecture and design of the Live Optics infrastructure and codebase
- Working independently and as part of a software development team
- Estimating schedule of software deliverables
- Leading and development of junior software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- 8+ years’ experience in designing, developing and scaling software applications
- Background in C#, .NET
- Experience in Client-server API development
- Relational database development experience
- Ability to operate across an end-to-end tech stack, backend through to frontend
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Domain experience in the following: SQL Server, Oracle, SAP, Storage Arrays, Data Protection, Servers, Virtualization
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure stack
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment
- Experience with Angular, React, Node or other JS frameworks
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.