Senior Network Engineer, Technical Support
Dublin, IrelandJob ID R035795 Date posted Sep. 17, 2019
Senior Network Engineer
Dell Networking Enterprise Solutions Support
Department: Global Support & Deployment
Are you a brilliant problem solver who could provide Enterprise level support for a game-changing, enterprise-wide support service? Do you want to be a hero to Dell’s EMEA customers by resolving their complex IT issues? If yes, then look no further as we have the right role for you.
We have an unrivalled opportunity for an experienced Senior Network Engineer to work in our EMEA ProSupport Enterprise Expert Centre, offering the highest level of technical support and remote advisory services to Dell’s Enterprise customer base on high-end/high value-add enterprise solutions/technologies. No other center offers you such a high level of exposure to a large enterprise customer base.
Dell provides end-to-end IT solutions that enable more affordable and accessible technology around the world, empowering people everywhere to do more. You will be part of a collaborative team that believes in honest communication, shares creativity and welcomes different perspectives. There is a winning culture built on a platform of integrity and an unquenchable spirit of innovation. We will also provide the mentoring, training and opportunities for you to fulfil your ambitions and potential.
- Delivering remote resolution for Dell Networking customer issues through troubleshooting, research, environment replication & identification of workarounds.
- Actively supporting the customer in all aspects through to problem resolution while keeping the customer informed throughout life of the incident (s).
- Interlocking with Resolution Managers (RMs), Technical Service Managers (TSMs) and Sales Account Managers (SAMs) to address customer issues and queries promptly and effectively.
- Attending required technical training sessions and making effective use of assigned lab time while securing relevant industry certifications (sponsored by Dell)
- Coordinating resources to resolve technical issues and turn around strained relationships at large high profile accounts in both pre and post-sale stages.
- Attend to customer sites as and when required for high severity/critical account situations.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the management team and a mentor to the frontline team, including the New Hires with Technical and Process support.
Skills & Certifications:
- At least 4 years of enterprise level networking experience, within campus and/or data center environments.
- Relevant industry certifications in the following – CCNP, BCNE, CWNA/NP, RHCE, VCP/VCAP
- Proven track record managing multiple issues with effective follow through and timely documentation.
- Ability to build effective technical relationships with vendors and colleagues on remote sites to support a learning environment and aid knowledge transfer
- Proven ability to work autonomously, to be self-driven and to respond to issues without QL / TL intervention
- Ability to deliver a superior customer experience of over 92% satisfaction rate.
- To be seen as a senior member of the frontline team and be ready to support local and remote colleagues in technical issues, as and when required.
- With a clear desire to specialise and develop more technically in one of the following technologies, Wireless, Virtualisation, Open Networking, Data Centre or Campus
- Proficiency in English is a must
- Experience with enterprise wireless networks, particularly Aerohive or Ruckus.
- The ability to be a “team player” and have the cooperation and support of your colleagues in both local and remote locations
- Experience in Fibre Channel technologies would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Virtualization/Linux technologies, Microsoft platforms; VMware vSphere, VMware View, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, SuSE Enterprise Linux, Citrix XenServer.
- Knowledge of protocols and technologies used in Virtualization and Linux solutions: iSCSI, FC, FCoE, SSH, SMB, CIFS, VLAN, LACP.
- Fluency in any other European languages would be a benefit but not a requirement
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you want to be at the leading edge of technically challenging customer support, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages