Consultant, Program Management - IT
Dublin, IrelandJob ID R044110 Date posted Nov. 14, 2019
Consultant, Program Management - IT
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a IT Program Management Consultant on our Contact and Voice Services team in Ireland.
Game-changing technology projects need expert project managers to drive them – and that’s where our Project Program Management IT team comes into its own. We lead all aspects of IT project, program and portfolio activity and collaborate across all areas of the company to get results for our customers that exceed their expectations. Focused on completing projects and programs on time, within scope and budget, we define the project value proposition, manage resources, guide project team members and keep leaders updated on the project status and risk factors.
- Drives all aspects of IT Project, Program and Portfolio activity, including collaborating and coordinating across all IT and business segments. Defines project value proposition, scope, work plan, resource needs, timeline and budget for IT projects. Manages resources (i.e., capital requirements and human capital, etc.) to complete project/program on time and within budget.
- Manages a broader portfolio of projects as well as projects within that portfolio or a highly complex project
- Responsible for overseeing Process Improvements and/or Application Reliability Management
- Works under direction of IT executives and/or more senior Project Managers
- Has extensive interaction with internal customers and senior business leadership
- Responsible for mentoring less- experienced Project Managers
- Contributes to the development of the Program’s structure and manages aspects of the broader program activities
- Ability to drive projects that have few precedents and may have global impact
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Expert understanding of IT Project Management principles and technique;preferred certification
- Extensive experience in managing change and engaging team members
- Expert ability to provide direction and leadership to others
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can keep groundbreaking projects on track, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.