Technical Support Engineer II
Draper, UtahJob ID R85495 Date posted Jan. 07, 2019
Technical Support Engineer II
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Technical Support Engineer II our Business Enterprise Support team in Draper UT.
The Technical Support Engineer will provide support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature. They will provide solution involving installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance and usage of assigned products. The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for investigating diagnostic issues and recommend solution to correct failures. Additionally, they will verify warranty entitlements and support customer questions and inquiries. The Technical Support Engineer will document problems for future diagnostic issues.
- Support field teams as a technical champion in supporting customers issues
- Provide diagnostic analysis to ensure hardware and software systems are functionally correctly
- Contributes and develops knowledge-based articles for future diagnostic support
- Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a timely manner
- Communicate with all stakeholders with active issues and status of resolutions
- 5+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Enterprise Storage technology, such as NAS or SAN; firm understanding of RAID; OS and System Administration; Unix/Linux, Windows Client/Server or MacOS
- Experience with Virtual Environments including Hypervisors and preferably VMware Virtual SAN, VSphere or vCenter
- Participates in eServices content creation (self-service) and maintenance such as Chat, Knowledgebase content, Support forums, etc.
- Experience with Dell EMC VNX or Dell EMC Unity
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you want to be at the leading edge of technically challenging customer support, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell. Apply now!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.