Sr. Analyst Service Delivery
Draper, UtahJob ID R91582 Date posted Feb. 13, 2019
Description of Role
The L1 Command Center engineer will be responsible for providing level-1 monitoring and troubleshooting of customer environments 24x7x365. The role will be expected to participate in a 24x7x365 shift rotation with colleagues and be able to work in a positive and collaborative fashion with fellow team members, L2/L3 specialist architect teams, vendor teams and customers.
Essential Functions and/or duties:
· Remote monitoring and first level troubleshooting for all issues related to customers converged infrastructure including OS, VMware, Backups, UCS, Networks and Storage.
· Monitor and respond to hotline, email and ITSM tools for ticket queue requests
· Ensure Managed Services L1 Command Center processes are followed accurately and client alarms are being responded promptly to manage customer agreed SLA’s.
· Handle opening and accurate updating of tickets and provide status updates to customers
· Work with vendor teams; fault management and incident/change/problem management team and escalation to internal L2/L3 specialist teams.
· Perform remote work as assigned by customer team.
· The work environment is 24/7 rotating shifts and will cover weekends and weekdays.
· Regular tracking, hand off or receive open ticket information during shift turnover changes and facilitate knowledge transfer
· Follow defined operating procedures to ensure that clients, systems and information are properly followed
· Triage incident priority and initiate situation management - open/ coordinate bridge call and follow proper incident escalation procedure in the event of priority P1 incidents.
Critical Hiring Criteria
Ability to work independently.
Customer Service skill.
Strong technical aptitude.
Training and Certification Initiative.
2+ years related experience required
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.