Service Delivery Engineer
Draper, UtahJob ID R043162 Date posted Nov. 12, 2019
Service Delivery Engineer
Location: Draper, UT
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
The Service Delivery Engineer plans, directs, and coordinates the organizational/technical activities required for delivery of the services to ensure technical solution meets contracts specifications. As a Service Delivery Engineer, you build in-depth knowledge of clients' priorities, challenges and initiatives and become a trusted advisor. You will also maintain awareness of all service matters and manage customer during high priority escalations.
- Act as Primary point of contact on all queries / concerns related to SAP NetWeaver components, OS and DB
- Responsible for performing periodic Health checks
- Responsible for basic Day to Day operations
- Responsible for performing SAP, DB, and OS shutdowns
- Ensure that defined processes and procedures are being followed
- Work closely with L2 / L3 Teams on any Critical / High Priority Incidents
- Responsible for communicating & coordinating with all key stakeholders on any critical outage as and when needed
- Responsible for representing L1 team in various calls with L2’s/ Stakeholders
- Responsible for performing basic troubleshooting steps on any Medium/Low priority Incidents before escalating to next level
- Apply Operating system Patches as needed
- Monitor alerting systems for system failures, and security updates, addressing issues as they arise
- Perform checklists to determine status of production facilities and troubleshoot any errors found
- Escalate engineering issues as needed to team members or software vendors
- Coordination with Data Center staff for hands-on tasks
- Minimum of 2-5 years of professional SAP NetWeaver experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 1-3+ years with a Master’s degree in a technical discipline
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Federal Secret Clearance, as well as, Public Trust clearance
- Understanding of SAP, OS, and Database (SQL, Oracle, HANA, or Sybase)
- Hands on experience on any of the ITSM Ticketing Tool
- Ability to perform manual health checks for SAP NetWeaver components, OS and Database
- Exposure to ITIL V3 concepts (Incident, Problem and Change Management processes)
- Willingness to work in 24/7 environment, as well as the ability to work afterhours and weekends
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have what it takes to bring innovative new products and services to life in collaboration with world-class experts, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.