Dell IT Technical Support Advisor
Draper, UtahJob ID R035381 Date posted Sep. 23, 2019
Advisor, Enterprise Tech Support Services
Provide support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature. Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems for customer. Represents the company to the customer ensuring the customer is satisfied. Responsible for providing telephone, email, chat and remote diagnostic technical support of servers, storage, switches, routers, blades and various software applications (Windows, VMWare, Exchange, Oracle, etc.). Answers questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance and usage of assigned products. Verifies warranty entitlement and determines appropriate action. Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct failures. Documents problems in the support solution database for diagnostics and solution implementation. Provides basic remote deployment, maintenance and consulting services.
- Consults and advises on more complex technical questions related to entire enterprise ecosystem
- Acts as central point of contact for product related issues and manages the customer relationship from a technical support perspective with minimal supervision
- Provides guidance, leadership, technical consultation and training to less experienced team members
- Participates in the creation and maintenance of knowledge database content
- Works closely with engineering, product management, and other key internal organizations to drive innovation and performance around product requirements, enhancements, process improvements and industry best practices
- In addition to their technical expertise, maintains direct linkage into other key internal organizations necessary for fast problem escalation and expedited resolution status
- On-call rotation and potential for working a weekend shift is included
Preferred Business Skills:
- Significant telephone etiquette skills
- Experienced in resolving issues effecting customer satisfaction
- Works effectively and efficiently under time constraints and high stress/pressure environments
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 3-5 years of related work experience.
Required Technical Skills:
- Well versed on Linux based Operating system.
- Networking skill - Experience on Networking, switch configurations and Network troubleshooting.
- Well versed in troubleshooting skill
- Configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- VSAN monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Prior Experience on REST API
- Backup and Recovery knowledge, Prior Experience on backup products would be preferred.
- Experience on Dell PowerEdge servers would be preferred.
- Experience in Backup and recovery on Cloud platforms. Experience on AWS and Azure would be preferred.
- LDAP troubleshooting and configuration.
- Experience on Indexing and cataloging and experience on elastic search based products would be preferred.
- Familiarity with NFS/CIFS and similar file sharing protocols.
- Experience on troubleshooting Web servers like apache tomcat, jetty, niginx preferred.
- Familiarity with DNS, Active Directory Services and protocols like SMTP, SNMP, etc.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.