Consultant, Technical Account Manager
Draper, UtahJob ID R91447 Date posted Feb. 06, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Consultant, Account Services Management in Hopkinton, MA
Clients around the globe put Dell technology at the heart of their IT departments. Our Technical Account Managers (TAMs) address their two biggest challenges: meeting the needs of service users and keeping the information infrastructure available at all times. Much more than the customer’s go-to person when there’s an issue, TAMs take a proactive approach to driving technical activities. They specialize in helping customers focus on environmental stability and avoid problems before they occur. TAMs work closely with a range of colleagues to identify sales opportunities, drive best support practices, deliver consistent service levels and ensure complete customer satisfaction.
As a Technical Account Manager, you are a key member of the EMC Customer Service Team who supports our largest and most strategically important customers.
As a Technical Account Manager, , you are assigned and responsible for a specific area, region, or division with site locations as specified in account service plan, builds relationships within account(s) to become a support services trusted advisor focused on the total customer experience and satisfaction. You leverage various EMC resources to ensure incident resolution, drive proactive activities promoting system health and customer satisfaction. You also provide detailed customer reporting using a cross section of services tools and applications. You are also expected to collaborate with EMC account teams to understand the business strategy and supports sales opportunities. You will also be responsible for the account management of multiple customers or sites with larger install bases.
- Functions as the single point-of-contact for service activities, educates the customer on EMC service delivery, tools and interfaces.
- Communicates relevant service updates and recommendations to both internal & external customers to ensure a level of compliance and performance
- Collaborates with EMC resources and customer during escalations
- Leverages big data analysis to provide customer environment insight and uses data to build a compelling account plan and strategy
- Accountable for Change control management to ensure stability of environments
- Works with the customer to proactively identify and resolve potential issues to achieve high system availability
- Attends customer site frequently (at least two days per week) or as appropriate
- Provides monthly and quarterly reports to proactively inform customer of overall account status, including ongoing service activities, recommendations for further risk mitigation, updates on incident solution and progress of upgrades and enhancements
- Leads meetings with an executive level audience and articulates a forward thinking account plan
- Builds and fosters a broad network across the customer and across EMC
- Assists with and participates in project work
- Assists in ensuring accuracy of service maintenance contracts billing
- Builds key relationships and effective networks
- Ability to influence cross functionally and in a matrix environment
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- Complex problem solving
- Bachelors (Non – Technical)
- EMC Proven Professional Certification (desired)
- ITIL Foundation (desired)
- 8+ years relevant experience (customer facing, large accounts, industry related) with a Bachelor’s Degree.
- 6+ years related experience with a Master’s Degree.
- 3+ years related experience with a PhD.
- Or equivalent experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to play a key role at the heart of outstanding account services, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.