Analyst, Ent Tech Services
Draper, UtahJob ID R69085 Date posted Dec. 01, 2018
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
Regularly provides technical support expertise in a complex cloud platform environment with the need to support the Virtustream Storage Cloud, as well as Virtustream enterprise class, mission critical, production environment for the xStream IaaS Portal software and provides support for on-premises deployments of xStream for Virtustream software customers.
Ability to convey sophisticated ongoing technical system support is critical to, and an essential component of, both Virtustream business operations and the business operations of Virtustream customers. Apply technical support expertise to resolve and escalate customer issues. Customer requests may be received by Support Centers through automated alerts, voice initiated technical calls from Customers, Partners, remote maintenance calls, internal and field Virtustream employees, Chat and Web support calls. Works closely with peers and internal SMEs to increase knowledge and resolve customer issues. Identifies and provides resolutions to technical problems. Use troubleshooting tools, content, and analytical practices to help determine best way to resolve identified and unidentified problems.
This position requires interaction and coordination among several different groups within the Product Development group including Operations, Development, QA and Support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to customer-initiated service and incident tickets for reported problems and queries.
- Act as a customer liaison and point of contact throughout the ticket lifecycle
- Troubleshoot production problems with Virtustream software products for and with customers.
- Take initiative to accomplish tasks involving communication/coordination with Operations, Development and QA teams.
- Improve existing processes and/or develop new processes to improve efficiency where needed.
- Partner with various engineering teams to troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve tickets
- Ability to work well as a member of a large team spanning multiple cultures and time zones.
- Ability to read/write simple to complex Python, Go, PowerShell or similar scripts for system automation and configuration management.
- High self-motivation and ability to learn multiple technologies and software applications with little supervision.
- Ability to multi-task several projects at a time.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form; especially technical concepts.
QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE – SKILLS
- Customer Centric Focus.
- Practical decision making and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent systems, software and network troubleshooting skills.
- Strong virtualization knowledge and experience working with virtualization tools (e.g. VMware vCenter, OpenStack or similar)
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux OS
- Experience with enterprise networking/storage/servers hardware; especially as it relates to virtualized environments.
- Excellent (written and spoken) communication and customer support skills.
- Experience with database administration (e.g. MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB).
- Experience with configuration and maintenance of web servers (e.g. IIS 7.0+, NGINX, Apache)
- Familiarity with Two-Factor Authentication concepts.
- Experience with Docker, Amazon S3, and HTTP protocols.
Schedule: Flex; including on-call, mid shift, afterhours, weekends, and holidays
Education: Associate’s Degree; Technical or Business
Certification: ITIL Foundations (preferred)
Clearance: Public Sector (ability to obtain)
Experience: 0-2 years
Physical Requirements: No
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.