Account Manager for Customer Service
Draper, UtahJob ID R13307 Date posted Feb. 26, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself an Account Manager for Customer Service located in Draper, Utah.
Dell customers expect great things from both our products and our services. Account Services Management is all about managing and overseeing seamless service delivery processes. It’s a hugely varied field of work. Processes range from incident management to change management, from configuration management to customer management. The team makes sure disputes and technical issues are resolved. We also provide excellent communication to the customer around every activity – from the tactical to the strategic.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Under limited supervision, is responsible for service account management in a set of assigned accounts.
- Builds and maintains an active professional network in order to facilitate communications and information transfer.
- Develop and lead monthly business reviews to customers via teleconference. These reviews include, but are not limited to, SR history, outstanding service requests, contract status, site information updates, connectivity status, microcode levels, technical advisories, planning and coordination of resources, and planned activities. This individual will also be responsible for analyzing the data and providing detailed recommendations based on the data presented.
- Responsible for managing all complex service matters, including open SRs with a high importance on Sev 1s s to ensure that the correct business units are assigned and responding in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that the value-add of the program and their service is communicated and accepted by customers, assuring the customer renews annually.
- Manage multiple work streams and tasks daily, prioritizing and aligning to customer needs
- Work in a highly matrixed environment and develop relationships across DELL EMC to provide the best possible customer experience.
- Demonstrate strong leadership during crisis situations.
- Assist in the mentorship of new Customer Service Advocates to ensure that DELL EMC best practice and methodologies are adhered to on a consistent and global basis.
- DELL EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
- Knowledge of data center operations and storage technology foundations desired.
- Prior Account management experience required.
- Reporting skills via various tools/applications
- Remotely provides a holistic approach to account management services, maintenance/recovery support, escalation management and problem resolution for a designated portfolio of customers
- Acts as a direct-connect DELL EMC ambassador to the customers, and advocates for the customers within DELL EMC
- Works with local and corporate team members as well as direct and indirect managers to drive results and high customer satisfaction with DELL EMC
- Responsible for the development and teleconference presentation of detailed monthly business reviews to customers to include SR history, outstanding service requests, contract status, site information updates, connectivity status, microcode levels, technical advisories, planning and coordination of resources, and discussion on planned activities
- Maintains internal customer service system records for designated accounts
Additional Skills Include
- Strong industry knowledge,
- Conflict Resolution skills
- Must be willing to carry a communication device.
- Travel time and hours outside of traditional work hours may be required.
- On-call rotation and weekend work may be required.
- Ability to work across organization lines/boundaries; builds and maintains an active professional network in order to facilitate communications and information transfer
- 3-4 years sales or account management experience (Technical industry preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to play a key role at the heart of outstanding account services, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.