Senior Strategist - Higher Education
Remote - District of Columbia, United States, Denver, Colorado, United StatesJob ID R039985 Date posted Oct. 16, 2019
Senior Strategist - Higher Education
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 155,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself.
- Generating long-term industry growth through thought-leadership, knowledge of Dell's resources and solutions, and utilization of Dell’s support models
- Strengthening the sales’ teams account presence by forging a high value-add relationship with executive-level leadership of institutions of all types and sizes including private colleges and universities, public colleges and universities, and community colleges
- Representing Dell in industry-specific conferences, tradeshows and events through presentations and keynotes, e.g. Dell Technologies Forums, EDUCAUSE, SXSW Edu, ASU-GSV, etc.
- Collecting customer insights and transferring that market knowledge to various cross-functional teams within Dell through professional learning sessions to improve offerings within Dell's portfolio
- Contributing to Dell's vision, thought leadership, go-to market strategy, and new offerings for the higher education space
- Knowledgeable about digital transformation in Higher Education with the ability to facilitate conversations about student success, teaching and learning, IT infrastructure, IT security, and research
- Supporting Dell sales teams as a trusted subject matter expert to ensure thoughtful, actionable conversations with customers that lead to strategic and operational initiatives within the higher ed institution
- Support Dell marketing teams as a trusted subject matter expert for higher education to enhance their communication and outreach efforts that generate presence, participation, and strategic interactions for the education strategy team.
Minimum Qualifications - Minimum education and/or prior experience qualifications, required certifications, etc.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Education) and 5+ years of experience in higher education administration, education technology and/or business development in the K-20 education space
- Participation in professional organization(s) relevant to research, higher education and/or IT administration;
- Ability to effectively educate internal Dell stakeholders about the Higher Education industry with your knowledge of current research and by leveraging your higher education industry relationships;
- Willingness to travel at least 50% of the time and work on a remote, distributed team within North America;
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a positive attitude under tight deadlines
- Ability to facilitate professional learning workshops for Higher Education professionals, whether Academic, Administrative, Research, and/or IT focused, as well as internal Dell teams;
- Ability to collaborate on the development of professional learning resources such as documentation, on-demand resources, and educational development materials about Dell’s higher education solutions;
- Knowledge of educational technology, research in the learning sciences, and data analytics;
- Excellent communication skills as evidenced by a record of publications, presentations, and peer reviews; and
- Interpersonal relationship skills (social-emotional intelligence) of confidence, trust, ethics, and accountability as demonstrated by at least three professional references.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Education);
- Participation in a management capacity with professional organizations related to research, higher education and/or IT administration (e.g., committee leadership, board membership); and
- Participation in grant applications / grant awards from at least one of the following foundations or a branch of the United States Government: Carnegie, Dell, Ford, Gates, Hewlett, Lumina, Mac, Mott, Strada, Wallace, and Walton
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.