Senior Customer Success Specialist
Denver,Job ID 1912618 Date posted Oct. 11, 2019
Senior Customer Success Specialist
Based in Pivotal Labs office in Denver, CO.
Pivotal is a recognized leader in agile software development. We've been building high quality software for clients for over 20 years by applying agile techniques to accelerate development, reduce risk, and increase responsiveness to market trends for startups and enterprises alike. Our proven practices, combined with deep technical expertise in consumer web and mobile application development and enterprise automation, help customers achieve rapid, reliable business results. Along the way, we also built Pivotal Tracker, the world’s favorite agile project management and collaboration tool.
Not only does Tracker serve as a critical component of our own development process, it's also relied on by thousands of teams out there in the world, from open source developers, to fast growing startups, and high profile, established companies. It's a great app, yet we have lots of ideas for how we'd like to improve it.
Are an outgoing customer advocate with impeccable communication, follow through, and organization skills. You enjoy working with customers and look forward to helping engage, onboard, and retain even more of them for Pivotal Tracker.
Powering developers since 2006, Pivotal Tracker is the premier project management application for Agile software development. We have lots of ideas for how we'd like to make it even better. As part of the Tracker team, you’ll get to implement changes to Pivotal Tracker that you'd like to see for your own use, and at the same time improve how thousands of teams around the world collaborate and build software.
- Help ensure customers have a positive experience from trying Tracker to staying with us
- Proactively offer help and custom demos so customers can quickly become successful and self-sufficient in all areas of the product
- Make the Tracker community feel good about getting in touch and using Tracker
- Own customer relationships and ensure consistent, professional, effective interactions
- Give regular webinars and help develop new training material
- Monitor new customer sign-ups
- Provide customer status and metrics
- Help with the daily email support queue occasionally and keep track of customer contacts
- Learn Tracker deeply so you can answer questions on Tracker features, road-map, excellent practices and subscription levels
- Solve problems such as those with account activation, account upgrades, billing
- Maintain high levels of customer engagement and satisfaction with a focus on loyalty
- Identify and manage customers at risk for attrition
- Help obtain customer references, testimonials, case studies, etc.
- Discover customer needs and challenges in order to suggest better solutions
- Collaborate with our product managers and advocate for features on behalf of customers
Required Skills / Experiences
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing success, education, technical support or similar role
- Understands the work of PMs, developers, designers, testers, support (our customers and team members) and has the technical knowledge to work with them effectively
- Has worked on Agile teams or those using similar PDLC methodologies
- Self-motivated and proactive with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty and adoption
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build good internal and external relationships
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
- Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, be a great listener and able to contribute in a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to work independently and prioritize effectively
- Flexible, mature approach, quick to learn and with a can-do attitude
- Experience with SaaS companies strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Pivotal Tracker or a similar product is a major plus
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.