Network and Security Account Executive
Denver, ColoradoJob ID R1903888 Date posted Mar. 15, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide are committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
VMware is seeking a Virtual Cloud Network (VCN) Sales Specialist who will be responsible for selling our architecture for hybrid cloud, security, networking and SD-WAN to our Enterprise customers.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for disruptive technologies and will be able to articulate VMware's vision and strategy for securing, managing and operationalizing a hybrid cloud / SDN architecture. The role will be based in Northern California.
From a product perspective, included in this portfolio are VMware NSX, NSX Cloud, VMC on AWS, VeloCloud, PKS (Kubernetes) and App Defense. The ability to compellingly present the operational and business benefits of these products as a unified architecture (VCN) is essential.
This is a great opportunity for those who have a demonstrable blend of sales success, industry experience, business relevance and technical acumen in a role that has high visibility and impact to VMware.
- Drive account portfolio sales strategy and focus on top accounts and establish sales cadence with the corporate account team
- Adopt account portfolio sales strategy leveraging channel partners
- Responsibility to move the transaction through the entire sales cycle
- Drive adoption and identify new opportunities in Enterprise accounts
- Solidify existing customer accounts and elevate VMware to a more strategic position
- Match the VMware solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- 6+ years of experience in datacenter, networking, cloud and/or security software
- Experience selling in an overlay or product sales specialist capacity
- Experience selling in both a direct and an indirect or channel driven model
- Experience leading a team of professionals in sales campaigns that include sales executives, field SE’s, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.
- Proven track record of success selling in a highly competitive environment
- BA/BS degree or higher, or equivalent job-related experience
This position is eligible for the GrowSDDCsales referral campaign