Incident Response Senior Advisor - Secureworks - Remote US
Denver, ColoradoJob ID R041813 Date posted Oct. 19, 2019
Incident Response Senior Advisor - Secureworks Consulting Group - Remote US
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™ www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
The Incident Response Senior Advisor is a senior level position working with clients in the growing area of managing computer security incidents. This work includes both preparing to effectively handle computer security incidents as well as actually responding to incidents. Responding to incidents includes helping clients manage technical and non-technical aspects of managing response to complex, large-scale incidents; conducting detailed technical analysis to help the clients identify the scope and magnitude security incident activity, develop timelines of activity, develop remediation recommendations and plans.
-Serve as subject matter expert in incident response and digital forensics
-Perform complex incident response technical analysis and develop technical conclusions based on analysis of evidence; review analysis and conclusions of other consultants
-Document findings, develop incident response remediation recommendations and present both orally and in written reports for clients
-Conduct assessments of client readiness to respond to incidents, including designing and delivering incident response exercises to test client incident response plans; review the assessments of other consultants
-Develop detailed incident response plans and playbooks based on client needs
-Design and deliver incident response exercises to test client incident response plans; oversee the delivery of exercises by other consultants
-Mentor junior staff
This position requires up to 50% travel.
This is a remote position anywhere in the US.
- Minimum of 5 yearsof advanced security, digital and network forensics experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with one or more of the following tools: Encase, FTK, X-Ways, F-Response, Volatility, Open Source Forensics Tools
- Minimum of one or more of the following certifications: GREM,GCFA, GCFE, CISA or CISSP
- Malware analysis experience
- Understanding of vulnerabilities and tools used to discover, analyze, and exploit vulnerabilities
-Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, information assurance, or equivalent work experience
- Familiar with tactics, techniques, and procedures commonly employed by threat actors, and their motivations
- Understanding of at least one framework: ISO 27001/2, FISMA, PCI, HITRUST, NIST 800-series, CoBIT, PCI, etc.
- Strong technical communication skills (oral and written) including experience briefing executive management and desire to work with clients to solve complex security issues, including at times in crisis situations
- Experience briefing senior-level leadership, and conveying technical subject matter to audiences of varying backgrounds and skill levels
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworkshere.