Data Center Data Center Solution Principal
Denver, ColoradoJob ID R43278 Date posted Apr. 02, 2019
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and were committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We offer powerful, yet easy-to-use, solutions that span the entire breadth of the information lifecycle, enabling companies to better manage data, improve data integration and amplify the benefits of data performance.
Seeking a Data Center Solution Principal with a High-end Storage Services (Residency, Deployment and Converged Infrastructure/Hyper-converged Infrastructure) focus is a unique role in our organization. In this role, you will help define and grow the High-end Storage services business by working directly with customers, sales, delivery leads, Dell EMC Solutioning Team and subject matter experts across the Dell EMC High-end Storage business. You will work in a fast-paced, challenging environment, with a focus on customers and driving business results. You will have the opportunity to help architect services solutions for our customers’ toughest IT challenges, in particular helping customers implement services across the Dell EMC deployment services portfolio.
Our customer base in the United States includes some of the largest aerospace, financial, healthcare, high technology, insurance, and manufacturing businesses in the world. You will have the opportunity to present to some of the greatest minds in the IT industry. Success requires a dynamic, hard-working, professionally mature, and technology savvy individual who has demonstrated an ability to lead based on experience, knowledge, passion and competence. The Data Center Data Center Solution Principal is expected to spend approximately 70% of their time working service led sales pursuits with the Support and Deployment Services (SDS) sales team and delivery organizations, 15% of time in proactive demand generation activities with the sales organization, and 15% of time growing proficiency in the Dell EMC High-end storage services offerings to enable continued growth and success in the role.
- Working with the core sales organizations articulate our unique perspective on Go-To-Market (GTM) service solutions and credentialing our delivery capabilities using success stories to meet customer needs
- Gathering, documenting, and understanding customer specific scope requirements and expectations for value based outcomes in coordination with the Services Sales Executives (SSEs).
- Collaborating and working with other Solutions Principals within the Solutioning Team organization, Delivery Leads and Subject Matter Experts, as well as other business partners to develop solution proposals to satisfy customer specific scope requirements and value-based outcomes.
Required proposals include:
- Scope objectives based on customer requirements o Major project work streams, activities, deliverables, and timeline to achieve customer outcomes
- Clearly defined roles and responsibilities between core sales team roles, customer roles, and business partner roles o Proposed service fees and terms for Dell EMC delivery and/or business partner resource level of effort and bottoms-up expense estimates
- Critical assumptions that need to be true to support the project timeline and proposed service fees
- Leading sales pursuits and ensuring compliance with pursuit management processes and governance model:
- Schedule, invite key stakeholders, facilitate, and provide input to the Dell EMC Delivery Team solution reviews and risk assessments
- Facilitating “Early Demand” or “Start at Risk” requests through Dell EMC Delivery Leadership approval and Resource Management understanding of resource staffing needs
- Working with Dell EMC Delivery Leads, Solutioning Team and Subject Matter Experts to develop Statements of Work consistent with the terms approved during reviews
- Providing Core Sales Teams support during customer scope and legal negotiations of Statements of Work
- Owning and driving transition of customer awarded Statements of Work and expectations to Dell EMC Delivery Teams, as well as participating during internal project kickoffs
- Updating Salesforce.com opportunities with pursuit team contribution
- Managing and proactively communicating status on portfolio of assigned sales pursuits, as well as consistently and effectively managing expectations on what is needed and when a quality work product can be delivered to the customer
- Participating on Dell EMC Product Group calls to provide feedback on what is or isn’t resonating for assigned marketplace, as well as insights on potential new solutions and offers to consider.
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or related field job experience
- Understanding of IT Transformation concepts
- Understanding of emerging technologies, trends and solutions (i.e. Converged and Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, Public or Private Clouds, X-as-a-Service, etc.)
- A high degree of learning agility; passionate about learning and mastering new concepts quickly and independently; good research skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and an ability to tailor offerings to the meet the unique aspects of a given customer scenario and thus maximize the value of our solution(s)
- Excellent communication skills including active listening, proposal and statement of work writing, and delivery of white board or formal presentations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, highly matrix organization with a strong desire to lead diverse teams thru multiple sales campaigns to completion
- A strong and persuasive sales oriented personality that can partner with and influence the Dell EMC Sales Teams, the Solutioning Team and Delivery Teams to position and win services business.
- 10+ years of pre-sales support and/or delivery experience in a consulting or professional services environment
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.