Program Lead, AppTx
Dallas,Job ID 1823855 Date posted Aug. 23, 2019
PROGRAM LEAD, APPLICATION TRANSFORMATION
Atlanta, Austin, Dallas, Remote
PIVOTAL’S STORY (VIDEO)
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
You are unique: as an exceptional, passionate, customer facing, hands-on Program Lead you will help customers transform to realize the benefits of cloud native applications and architectures on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. You are a problem solver and the thought of collaborating with a team to help companies transform to meet the challenges of tomorrow excites you. Your experience working in a large enterprise allows you to empathize with the challenges facing your clients and help them incrementally improve. You enjoy working with other people and are motivated by creating “lightbulb” moments for the people you work with.
Our mission is to make customers' use of our products and solutions successful, so that they can more effectively transform their business. Our cross-disciplinary team includes technical account leaders, data scientists, agile specialists, solutions architects, educators on Pivotal technology, and business transformation specialists.
In this role, you will:
- Pair with customer Product Managers, stakeholders and technical teams to discover existing process value streams and to identify methods of incremental improvement that can be delivered in a short period
- Enable, coach, and lead customers through the agile process: leading inceptions, mid-point reviews, and engagement summaries. Attend daily standup meetings, retrospectives, iteration planning meetings as available
- Support the sales process by leading customer conversations on strategic topics and/or how our team can help deliver successful outcomes
- Work collaboratively on internal initiatives; maintaining backlogs, driving feature completion, reporting to senior management on progress and prioritization
- Ensure all parties are aligned on goals and progress for both specific products as well as larger programs that you are brought into
- You are required to be available for, and willing to, travel at least 60% of your time
- Serve as an escalation point to ensure any roadblocks to success are addressed
IDEAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCES
- You coach / mentor / lead teams with varied levels of experience with agile practices (e.g. Lean, Kanban, Scrum, XP) and tooling
- Comfortable in presenting to executive leadership on goals, metrics, successes and problems within a portfolio with an understanding of potential impacts to areas outside of the project/portfolio.Comfortable working with and influencing people at all levels of seniority in large enterprises
- You define OKRs and KPIs for the stakeholders of your product, and take pride in defining a product that positively changes these people’s lives
- You are experienced in the complexities of building and deploying software in the enterprise and use your creative mindset to improve velocity (Continuous Delivery) and reduce siloing (DevOps) to achieve a culture of continuous improvement
- You regularly use your relationship building skills to identify process dysfunction, work with people to define a better way, and use this to teach new skills, practices, approaches and values
- You have managed programs consisting of multiple related projects and teams. Led consultative discussions with senior level clients and prospects. Influenced adjacent stakeholders outside of your own portfolio of projects.
DESIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCES
- Software delivery experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-team initiatives
- Demonstrated experience with agile and organizational transformation
- Experience in modernizing legacy systems
- Experience with application portfolio rationalization
- Experience with Cloud Foundry
- Comfortable facilitating large meetings and group exercises and respectfully challenging preconceived ideas
- Familiarity with legacy enterprise software systems, plus an understanding of modern cloud development concepts
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.