Dallas, TexasJob ID R043812 Date posted Nov. 12, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a [Job title] on our [Job family] team in [Location].
It takes a team with a wide range of talents to create ground-breaking products. Our Proposal Management team within Professional Services has the expertise to bring the process together. We support the opportunity lifecycle from development through to contracting, acting as the primary liaison between the customer and the financial support organizations. RPF tenders, customer business case analysis, total cost of ownership modelling – we take it all in our stride.
This critical role is responsible for growing and optimizing the Commercial Business Development function in support of rapid growth in the Dell Technologies (DT) Select accounts. The DT Commercial Director focuses on the execution of complex deals from commercial strategy/approach through to contract negotiation and closure. The primary focus of this position is to assist the DT Select account teams in structuring the most commercially viable business proposals for Dell Technologies and our customers, while addressing the diverse needs of internal corporate customers, maximizing revenue, and helping increase the effectiveness of our sales motions.
The ideal candidate has an extensive background in strategic and complex deals, has relentless curiosity, possess a passion for innovative analysis, has a mix of strategic, analytical and communication skills, and has a get-it-done attitude.
- Partner with the various Dell Technologies companies, sales team and internal stakeholders to problem solve and structure strategic deals
- Actively participate in deal reviews with customers/prospects, sales teams, and management
- Cultivate internal relationships with all levels of the internal stakeholders/customers.
- Act as a liaison, working cross functionally across multiple groups, such as revenue, legal, sales ops, order management, to help facilitate deal execution
- Leads the construction of overall financial design and structure of the most complex services opportunities.
- Create joint business cases with the customer.
- Negotiating ongoing contracts with suppliers and customers.
- Reviewing contracts and making recommendations on commercial viability.
- Carrying out risk assessment when taking on new customer accounts.
- Interpreting market trends and adapting to industry changes.
- Routinely interfaces with senior-most internal and external Services, Finance, and customer executive contacts and influencers
- Typically tasked with multiple Services LOB engagement opportunities and will have significant expertise in one or more LOB area
- Maintains complete knowledge of breadth of services offerings.
- Subject matter expert in the proposal management elements of Services’ strategic “go-to-market” strategies that help drive significant sales growth.
- Expert level skill and presence in boardroom/executive level presentation and engagement.
- Key influencer of pricing methodology and provides leadership advice of industry trends or practice in deal construction.
- Leads largest scale cross-functional and predominantly global deal construction efforts.
- Senior Executive level communication and collaboration skills Identifies gaps and has expert ability in addressing problems and developing action plans
- Develops and articulates business cases supporting courses of action
- Most confident in an ambiguous operating environment Expert-level business case modeling skills
- 15 years of experience in working complex deals with a strong understanding of pricing models, finance and revenue requirements, contracts, services and XaaS models.
- B.S. and/or MS in Business Administration;
- A thorough understanding of the sales and pursuit management process and the ability to navigate and progress long, complex sales cycles
- Strong business acumen with excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong entrepreneurial skills and a natural ability to spot opportunities for revenue generation.
- Adept at business partnering and working with cross functional teams, building meaningful business relationships along the way
- Self -motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multi-task
- Able to adapt to a constantly changing environment; flexibility to work extended hours during peak periods
- Ability to negotiate with customers on large complex deals.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have great business development skills, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.