Senior Advisor, IT infrastructure
Cyberjaya, MalaysiaJob ID R034619 Date posted Sep. 16, 2019
As a Systems Engineer (SE) you will be involved with the design and deployment of servers into our production datacenters. The Systems Engineering team is tasked with the rapid design and deployment of Linux and Windows server infrastructures for IT applications in the organization’s global datacenters with additional collaborative effort with regional and other technical tower engineering teams and datacenter staff.
The System Engineer will meet with business customers to define and document server platform requirements for scalability, high availability, and disaster recoverability, as well as desired performance characteristics. From there, the SE will translate these requirements into hardware specifications and lead the effort to implement physical infrastructures for development, testing and production. The ideal candidate will be a strong team player and actively participate in a fast-paced and challenging global environment. Candidates must be able to work independently and demonstrate exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Required Operating Systems: Windows Server OS (all recent versions )
- Advanced knowledge of OS performance optimization, hardware configuration, and related root cause analysis and troubleshooting
- Hardware Platforms: Dell Poweredge Server Lines (blade and rack type servers)
- Server Virtualization Technologies: VMWare (preferred, not required)
- Powershell scripting experience or UNIX/Linux shell scripting experience
- Experience troubleshooting SAN storage access issues preferred
- Experience troubleshooting Network issues preferred
- Good English communication and customer service abilities
- Degree in IT
- At least 8-14 years of experience in the above areas