Senior Account Systems Engineer
Cyberjaya, MalaysiaJob ID R16348 Date posted Mar. 01, 2019
Provides high-level technical expertise in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market. Assists in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated technology solutions. Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integration. Makes technical and sales presentations to customer's technical staff and senior management. Understands Dell EMC and competitive technology and business applications within the assigned market. May assist in the development of responses to customer requests and proposals as required. Conducts research, answers questions and removes objections that arise in a sales campaign.
- Develops and manages relationships with Customers (especially key technical stakeholders), Partners and Dell EMC Internal resources. Has numerous good relationships within the assigned territory. Seen as Trusted Advisor by key people within the customer base. Builds relationships that have a preference for Dell EMC. Develops allies.
- Able to plan part or all of a technical sales campaign and execute against that plan. Participates or leads RFP/Proposal preparation when required with strong matrix management approach. Using Dell EMC resources well - Specialists, Management, CQC etc. Be able to build and execute a robust POC / Eval / Partner Development plan.
- Can listen and question in a consultative manner on Customer technical (and business) situation and issues and can identify key opportunities for Dell EMC to impact. Able to identify "what's not being said", and determine competitive undercurrents and customer preferences
- Is constantly progressing towards "technical close" and identifying and agreeing logical next steps. Works well with customers and internal/partner resources. Able to get support for direction and plan. Good team player, including active sharing of best practices and coaching//supporting others
- Communicates well and can present ideas logically and with impact on Dell EMC's Value, Solutions & Products
- Has an appropriate knowledge and understanding of Dell EMC's Direction & Strategy, Value, Solutions and Products, Tools & Processes. Builds cost effective solutions / configs. Can do demos
- Has a good understanding of key customers' business & associated industry trends in the assigned territory. Understands functions and information infrastructure implications of major applications being used in customers' environments and industry.
- Has solid IT technology foundation, covering technology areas such as Database and BI/DW, Virtualization, Networking, Security, Middleware, Architectures etc.
- Is Accountable for self-organization, deal by deal and Quarterly/Annual performance vs. goals. Takes responsibility for mistakes and corrects behavior. Gets tasks done on time and with quality.
- Takes responsibility for own self-development and makes progress. Proactively initiates activities to drive advantage and/or reduce competitive threats. Willingness to take on new assignments and learn new things. Passionate about Dell EMC and making things happen
Qualifications and Experience
- 6 - 8 years of related experience.
- Cross-Functional skill.
- Results driven.
- Leadership Skills.
- Customer focused.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results.