Principal Software Engineer - IT
Cyberjaya, MalaysiaJob ID R042567 Date posted Nov. 18, 2019
Job Title: Principal Software Engineer - IT
About Business Unit: Dell Digital
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
He/she needs to interact with clients, product managers, and developers in order to envision, model and provide initial models and designs that can be built. A software architect has to constantly review the code to ensure the quality of the design by avoiding complexity, advocating clarity and to do this with the team. This usually requires hands-on work in terms of developing prototypes, contributing code or evaluating technologies. The role of a software engineer includes collaborative working and providing mentoring as required. Most importantly it will require to understand the E2E business flow and existing architecture and provide solutions to requirements and build a vision for the future based on the latest technologies.
- Work with other IT professionals in the company in order to determine needs for new software, platforms and applications
- Utilize tools, technology and various methodologies to create functional and intuitive solutions for user interfaces of desired products
- Develop and implement product specifications
- Pay attention to system integration, sustainability and feasibility
- Oversee and supervise the work of the development team
- Guide and train developers and engineers
- Suggest and implement solutions for process improvement
- Adhere to all the requirements and guidelines for quality, security, extensibility etc
- Code and collaborate with the team for executing projects and business required functionalities
- Understand the existing platform and contribute to maturing the systems and platform
- Arrive at a vision for the system and drive its transform into modernization journey
- Ensure program delivered with quality and meet implementation date & criteria
- University degree with 10+ years of experience in .Net and Strong hold on .Net Core
- Must have minimum 3 years of experience as an architect or a lead
- Must be hands on with coding and very strong technically in multiple technologies
- Very good knowledge of .NET Framework, ASP.NET MVC, MS SQL databases
- Hands on experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions in a cloud-based environment (Microsoft Azure)
- Good knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous delivery tools
- Proven track record with microservices architecture
- Extensive knowledge of the development and strategic direction of new products, processes and techniques;
- You can easily connect and talk with people on different levels;
- You always come up with a solution to a problem and translate this in a structured approach;
- You love to take on new challenges, look for opportunities and like to work in a team as on your own;
- Must have Strong hold on Data structures and Algorithms
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Experience building customer facing applications deployed on cloud environment (AWS, Azure or similar).
- Experience building e-commerce web software.
- Experience building public Web Services such as REST, SOAP.
- Familiar with NOSQL like Elastic search, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Familiar with PCF/Pivotal Ecosystem and deployments
- Familiar with end to end development life cycle and able to mentor juniors
- Able to articulate and guide the product roadmap and work with several business partners