Cyber Security Incident Response Analyst L3 (SRO)
Cyberjaya, MalaysiaJob ID R88903 Date posted Jan. 28, 2019
Cyber Security Incident Response Analyst L3
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Dell is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
We are currently seeking a Level 3 (Senior Advisor) Incident Response Analyst to join our Security & Resiliency team, based in Cyberjaya, Malaysia. This role is responsible for investigating and reporting of major security incidents supporting all Dell business units and mergers & acquisitions. This role requires experience in all phases of Cybersecurity Incident Response including preparation, analysis, notification, response, recovery, and post-mortem. The CyberSecurity Intelligence & Response Team (CSIRT) under Security & Resiliency team is responsible for coordinating with IT, Legal, Human Resources, and other appropriate business units to gather incident details, assess impact, and coordinate response. This role interacts with all levels of the organization, particularly within the Global IT organization and is viewed as a subject matter expert on Incident Response.
The focus of the role is primarily responding to security incidents, managing and consistently maturing the security incident response process to meet the needs of Dell, and building the Global Incident Response Team's technical investigative capabilities (process & technology).
- Serve as one of the four global escalation points for cybersecurity incidents not resolved at the L1/L2 levels
- Perform technical cyber security investigations on security incidents, root cause analysis, recommend and mitigate the effects caused by an incident
- Provide technical Incident Response guidance to the L1 and L2 Incident Response Analysts
- Mature the Security Incident Response process to ensure it meets the needs of the global business and is adhered to
- Assist with the creation and refinement of Incident Response run books.
- Participate in shift handoff activities
- Interface with other CSIRT teams to continuously improve the Incident Response function
- At least 8+ years of hands-on experience with a focus in areas such as systems, network, or information security / cybersecurity
- At least 5+ years of cybersecurity Incident Response experience
- Should possess one or more of the following certifications – CISSP, SANS GCIH, GCIA, GNFA, GREM
- Exceptional ability to conduct cybersecurity investigations, analyze and distill relevant findings and determine root cause
- Strong knowledge of security technologies such as SIEM, Full packet capture, Firewall/NGFW, IDS/IPS, EDR, DLP, UEBA
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, networking protocols, Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix platforms and tools with related experience in corporate infrastructures
- Strong technical experience and familiarity of various types and techniques of cyber-attacks, with the incident response and threat hunting lifecycles.
- Excellent analytical thinking, time management and coordination skills and excellent command in English (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multicultural environment, with a positive and professional attitude