Supply Chain Senior Analyst
Cork, IrelandJob ID R044353 Date posted Nov. 15, 2019
Supply Chain Senior Analyst
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Supply Chain Analyst on our Supply Chain team in Cork.
Everything in Dell is ground-breaking, from the designers of our products to the developers of our supply systems. Our Supply Chain team within Materials and Purchasing drives the development, implementation and management of supply chain operations and suppliers in the delivery of strategic programs. It’s all about managing supplier relationships and ensuring the availability of parts and services in the supply chain, while maintaining inventory at acceptable levels. We focus our resources on the continuous improvement of the movement of materials through production processes and establishing key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning and forecasting.
The Senior Logistics Analyst will report to the Supply Chain Director as part of the Service Parts Operations Strategy & Transformation team and whose primary role will be to support the management of well-defined projects specific to the logistics supply chain. This role requires demonstrated analytical thinking and skills and a person who can work collaboratively, is detailed oriented and takes business ownership.
- Manage components of optimization and process improvement projects specific to Service Supply Chain processes including dispatch, field services, parts recovery, network performance, import/export process improvement and freight lane optimization
- Development of a deep understanding of service logistics operations to fully appreciate the interrelationship of processes, technologies, and people which impact on cost and performance in order maximize service logistics KPIs.
- Required to utilize a variety of technologies and software to analyze and interpret data from ongoing logistics projects and activities in order to highlight areas of business opportunity.
- Provide management with weekly/monthly reports, analysis and status measurements related to ongoing global service logistics project activities.
- Relationship management including the ability to develop and maintain deep strategic relationships with external third-party logistics providers and internal customers.
- Strong Analytical Skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, implement and document a well-defined project to a successful completion.
- Ability to communicate in a concise and logical way, clearing outlining business implications with excellent attention to detail.
“Business owner” outlook related to initiative development and process improvement activities.
- Candidate must have a 3rd level business or cognate discipline to Degree level. Masters qualification is desirable.
- Years of Experience: Candidate should have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience, post degree qualification. Logistics/supply chain experience is an advantage.
- Project Management Qualifications can be an advantage.
- Presentation skills.
- Goal Oriented with the ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritize tasks.
- Problem solving skills.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can help us deliver a ground-breaking supply chain, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.