Strategic Renewals Account Manager CEMEA
Cork, IrelandJob ID R1903814 Date posted Mar. 20, 2019
The Strategic Renewals Account Manager for CEMEA, currently reports directly to the GEO head of the Renewals business and will be responsible for managing high value Enterprise License renewals agreement across VMware’s largest and most strategic customers. This person will be responsible for driving high retention rates across renewals in addition to leveraging the renewal event to increase the net new license attach rate by cross sell and upsell VMware’s emerging technologies and adding new services. This person will be required to work with cross functional departments such as license sales, global support, PSO to ensure alignment and to drive increased customer success and adoption. Success will come from forging strategic relationships with field sales, educating the field on how a renewal event can drive a net new Enterprise Agreement for VMware.
This role is critical to VMware as we help our customers find the right balance between private and public Cloud.
- Extensive experience negotiating multi-million dollar deals (Renewals or Net new) with extremely complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations.
- Significant experience in a quota carrying sales role with demonstrated achievement.
- Customer Success / Support / Advocacy experience is key given the different types of data and discussions this person will be engaged in with the customer.
- Ability to interact, compile and summarize various data sources and proactively work with both our Field account executives and customers with strategic product and service discussions.
- Operational discipline and efficiency with previous experience building cross organizational relationships.
- History of coordination within an internal set of multi-functional teams such as Systems Engineers, Inside Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, Account Executives and Channel Management to ensure target quotas are achieved and exceeded.
- Minimum 5 years of proven sales experience with large deal negotiations.
- Must possess strong ability to forge lasting relationships to meet objectives and sales quotas.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction.
- Ability to make good decisions in the spirit of the strategic direction of the organization independently.
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expect high standards for self and team. Compatible with VMware’s EPIC2 values.
- Detailed oriented, analyzes available data and makes decisions in the best interest of VMware.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time.
- Language required: German, English & others preferable
- Location: Cork Ireland OR Munich