Software Senior Engineer
Cork, IrelandJob ID R044360 Date posted Nov. 09, 2019
Software Senior Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Senior Engineer on our Support & Deployment Services (SDS) Technology team in Cork.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
The Dell EMC SDS Technology team develops and delivers world-class software to help drive efficiencies and reduce costs during customer engagements. Our cloud application platforms implement a microservice architecture in a Pivotal Cloud Foundry PaaS. Our applications primarily use Angular single page applications on the front-end and Java/Spring Boot microservices on the back-end. Working together within creative, cooperative, highly skilled development squads, you will:
- Join the team in a hands-on role and use modern development methodologies, specifically test-driven-development and continuous delivery in a DevOps culture where you will be involved in all aspects of product development and delivery
- Collaborate to help refine our business requirements and evolve our cloud application platform
- Demonstrate a keen sense of urgency and shared ownership of our products
- Self-Motivated with a willingness to adapt, mentor and learn
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and DevOps culture
- Strong coding and testing skills
- Experience consuming REST APIs
- Have Strong design and development skills in a broad range of technologies.
- Proven ability in decision making and delivery.
- Excellent at adapting to changing roles and technologies.
- Demonstrates ability to lead a technical area, take responsibility and proactively act in the best interests of the team and business.
- Ability to define software requirements, excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of web service technologies (preferably REST/JSON based)
- Experience in Java server-side technologies (preferably Spring based)
- Experience working in a DevOps centric development process employing continuous delivery
- Experience in interacting with databases from Java, preferably using a persistence framework
- Comfortable with CI/CD tools, such as GIT, Gradle and Jenkins
- Knowledge of microservices architecture
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and well-being are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package. Salary is negotiable.
Diversity & Inclusion
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.