Richardson, TexasJob ID R83659 Date posted Jan. 18, 2019
Senior Analyst, Solutions Architect
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Solutions Architect in Cork.
When our customers are looking for IT consulting expertise, where else would they turn but to the company driving human progress through technology? Our Solutions Architecture team within Professional Services are experts in package customization and integration as well as total, end-to-end solutions in targeted industry segments. After thorough consultation with our customers and careful analysis, we develop new IT systems or replace existing systems that support customers’ strategic, operational and financial goals.
- Executes automation workflow development plans to insure high quality configuration of the Vxblock 1000 platform.
- Participate in the design of general integration strategies and propose/develop specific point integrations within the general framework.
- Ensure all designs are version-proof as integrated products follow their own roadmaps/life cycles.
- Develops Use Cases and other analysis / design artifacts that ensure requirements and score are clearly defined.
- Works under limited direction. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met.
- Ability to professionally manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision and on schedule.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must have strong documentation skills and the ability to understand software functional specifications.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Requires 4+ years’ experience in automation development in enterprise-class projects
- Experience in development using Python, Ansible YAML
- Expertise in VMware virtualization products
- Working knowledge of Cisco, EMC, and Dell products
- Experience with CLI driven configurations with focus on automation of complex tasks
- Strong problem solving skills
- Team player who will enjoy performing multiple technical functions when needed
- Experience in development using Node JS
- API / integration product development
- Proven experience in development using Angular JS
- Experience applying unit testing to components under development and maintenance (Jasmine, Karma)
- Experience developing distributed systems
- A solid understanding of security concepts is a plus
- Ability to thoroughly document the design of new software and maintain documentation throughout the lifecycle (i.e. Functional Specification Documents, object models, class diagrams, state flows, etc.)
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re at the top of your game when it comes to IT consulting, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.