Senior Analyst - Deal Management
Cork, IrelandJob ID R1912073 Date posted Sep. 02, 2019
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
Senior Analyst - Deal Management (Contract)
The Deal Management Team (DMT) is a dynamic team established to support standard as well as highly negotiated, unique or strategic software contracts (Enterprise License Agreements) from inception of a sales opportunity to booking. The team will be skilled and knowledgeable in a variety of areas including deal modelling, revenue recognition and commercial contract structure. The successful candidate will partner with Sales, Legal and Commercial Solutions to establish best practice aligned with our Corporate DMT initiatives.
- Exercise independent judgment and proactively seek guidance where needed in leading deal from quote to closing.
- Learn to navigate organizational structure and build relationships of trust with stakeholders.
- Identify areas of potential impact of revenue recognition and understand implications and be able to articulate impact to relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the ability to articulate and negotiate commercial terms and maintain holistic assessment of a deal.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of tools required, identify system issues, and raise awareness to solve them.
- General understanding of products/services, their product family, and bundle components. Proactively identify inconsistencies in structuring and coach Sales accordingly.
- Follow internal business processes to solution and seek appropriate guidance/approvals to resolve situations that deviate from standard process or fall-backs.
- Understand customer requirements and explore potential solutions.
- Manage customer contracts from initial draft to closure within established company guidelines.
- Experience in working in a diverse, Multicultural Organization
- Experience in working with or in IT Multinational organizations, Telecom's or Sourcing/Procurement
- Negotiator with influencing and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies, Commerce, Finance, Law or related discipline.
- European language an advantage
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.