Production Operations Associate
Cork, IrelandJob ID R42807 Date posted Jul. 17, 2019
Production Operations Associate
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Production Operations Associate
on our team in Cork.
Dell is ground-breaking at every level: in our design rooms, sales teams, marketing and in our factories. As the primary logistics contact internally, Production Operations steers the daily workflow activities within the factory, managing operations processes and people to achieve a quality output. Focused on achieving the required level of production on an hour-to-hour, daily, monthly and yearly basis, we oversee the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods, processes and operations. To do this, we work with a range of internal teams, including Operations, Logistics, Distribution and IT.
- Responsible for performing unpack, assembly, pack and/or audits of product at all stages of Manufacturing.
- Perform manual and administrative duties related to the transformation of product & materials
- Job requires an understanding and knowledge of all the various products, processes, resources and Manf. Infrastructure to complete assigned task.
- Expert in SAP (Interpretation & Transactional)
- Leads/participates in Communities of practise: Kaizen Circle/ Inventory/ 6S/ESD/ Streaming
- Assigned areas could be but not limited to DPE, DCT, Cab Integration, Sub Assembly, Drive Assembly and/or packaging, prepping and preparing product for shipment for both internal and external customers
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong Communication skills both written and verbal
- Assists with inventory reconciliations and scans, inc cycle counts, E&O Tickets and production scrap process
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Positive Contribution to Key Performance Indicators of assigned Dept
- Leads/participates in Company Innovation processes
- Strict adherence to set timelines for completion of all required training both online and classroom
- Struct adherence to all Company Policies
Typically requires 1+ years of related experience or equivalent
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you would thrive in a high-tech manufacturing environment, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: Friday 26th July 2019.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
· Performs periodic Inventory Scans. Assists in Inventory Reconciliations.
· Applies knowledge of the job, and company policies and principles to complete a wide range of tasks. Complete understanding of the general and technical aspects of the job.
· Projects are assigned and require ordinary problem resolution using standard policies, procedures and practical application of the general and technical aspects of the job.
· Works under limited supervision. Routine work requires no instruction. General instructions given for new assignments.
· Contribute to production goals of assigned Dept. Good understanding of Job Function and requirements to succeed. Capable of applying knowledge in all assembly areas and product prep for shipments.