Product and Application Software Cybersecurity Consultant
Cork, IrelandJob ID R85750 Date posted Jun. 17, 2019
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a dedication to diversity, sustainability, and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
We are currently seeking a Product and Application Software Cybersecurity Consultant to join our Dell Technologies Software Engineering team, based in Cork, Ireland. The Dell Technologies Software Engineering team develops and delivers world-class software to help drive efficiencies and reduce costs during customer engagements. Our flagship cloud application platform implements a microservice architecture in a Pivotal Cloud Foundry PaaS. Our applications primarily use Angular single page applications on the front-end and Java/Spring Boot microservices on the back-end. You will work within creative, cooperative, highly skilled development squads. Our Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) is a blend of activities and requirements coupled with data collected provides the most effective way of helping each product team build a more secure product for our customers. Liaising with the Dell Security & Resiliency Organization you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
- Research, design and support the implementation of information security solutions for the organization.
- Architect independently determine and develop approach to solutions under limited direction.
- Document security standards, solutions, data flows, procedures, and other technical information as directed.
- Evaluate and apply mature technologies to meet current or emerging business needs.
- Articulate Security Analysis findings and provide remediation strategies as well as Security Threat Modeling.
- Develop processes, architecture, and tools for improving operational efficiency.
- Provides expert technical advice to technical staff within the appropriate technical discipline.
- Mentor other members of the technical staff.
- Act as primary consultant to the business to elicit project-oriented business requirements.
- Degree in computer science with a minimum of 8-10 years of software development experience, or a Graduate degree with 8+ years of experience.
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps/DevSecOps environment
- Quick learner with motivation to learn new languages, technologies and frameworks (you will get opportunity to play with a lot of new technologies)
- Consult with software architect teams and provide guidance on:
- Secure Design Development and Application Security
- Infrastructure and application Design Requirements
- Dell Policies and Standard
- Risk associated with initiatives and policy deviation requests
- Vendor Management Practices
- Compliance implications of design decisions in application and infrastructure design
- Preferred - Procedural guidance to facilitate project execution in accordance with Dell practice
- Experience with Cloud Security Architecture (AWS, VMWare Air, VirtuStream, OpenStack, Azure, RackSpace or others) including deployment security architecture designs and Cloud Native Application Security.
- Experience with SaaS, PaaS, IaaS technologies including security architecture design and implementations.
- Experience with Containers and Micro Services such as Docker, Kubermetes, PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry), VMWare Photon and others.
- Experience with Big Data specifically in securing data lakes.
- Experience with secure code development and review.
- Experience in wireless, mobile infrastructure or application level vulnerability testing, remediation, risk assessment and auditing.
- Understanding of SDLC, Agile, Rapid Application Development, Kanban, Scrum, CMMI, Java, SANS GWEB, Android/Apple Development or REST.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Mobility Architectures and emerging technologies (MAM/MDM).
- Experience building customer facing applications deployed on cloud environments (AWS, Azure or similar)
- Experience with open source MVC frameworks
- Knowledge of SOA Architecture, Application Security Firewalls, XML Firewalls and IDS technologies.
- Experience building public Web Services such as REST, SOAP.
- Software development experience with .NET and C#
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Broad understanding of security technologies and frameworks.
- Advanced knowledge of application and network security concepts
- Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP) or related professional certification preferred.
- Experience with system Threat Modelling (preferably to STRIDE methodology)
- Experience working on Secure development practices
- Application Security knowledge and best practices. Software security designs such as OWASP or SANS secure coding design principles.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through professional engagement and use of a risk-based approach
- Understands, applies and may adapt fundamental concepts, practices and procedures for diverse engagement types
- Work with Software Architects Sr. Management as required to facilitate resolution to challenging business problems/objectives in a secure way
- Ability to prioritize projects and/or deliverables.
- Proven track record demonstrating ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Results driven.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily-understood, authoritative and actionable manner.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Consultative skills.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and well-being are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package. Salary is negotiable.