Critical Account Manager
Cork, IrelandJob ID R1905888 Date posted May. 23, 2019
The Critical Account Manager (CAM) is a challenging leadership role focused on providing high-touch support to customers worldwide that are in an escalated state.
Your mission is to lead efforts for escalated accounts through both critical situation and critical account management, by coordinating resources internally and externally to solve complex problems. As a CAM you are empowered to lead and manage onsite and backline efforts with a goal to resolve technical and business processes issues related to the VMware solution stack by bringing structure, a strategy, resources, and executive visibility to these critical situations.
This role is best suited for those who thrive on problem solving at many levels and requires a strong mix technical and project management knowledge as well as experience with the business process aspects related to running mission critical environments. The ideal candidate must also possess solid project management skills, broad technical understanding of virtualization technologies, and communications skills from Engineering to C-level Executives. Must be a critical thinker, problem solver, and a leader in times of crisis. You are VMware’s ambassador to the customer and the customer's advocate within VMware and to VMware Partners.
- Act as the primary interface for critical customer accounts where a high-touch support model is required.
- Prioritize & drive actions at the account level to ensure visibility, traction and ultimate closure.
- Represent the Voice of the Customer and Voice of VMware.
- Effectively communicate expectations and drive relief and resolution efforts.
- Monitor customer issues and partner with Escalation Management and Engineering to ensure appropriate resourcing have been allocated.
- Develop and deliver executive communications to the customer, VMware and Partner executives, and internal stakeholders.
- Proactively address customer perception of issues regarding VMware solutions and services.
- Identify, trend, document, and recommend corrective actions in response to issues at critical situation accounts and collaborate with the Engineering and Services organization to address product defects and trends.
- Collaborate with the Global and Regional Escalation Managers and other Support Management teams to ensure process alignment and best practice refinement.
- Drive PER (Post Escalation Review) using CLCA (Closed Loop Corrective Action) for Critical Situation engagements.
- Create and maintain lines of communication with field teams (Systems Engineering, Sales, TAMs, Professional Services, and Customer Success).
- Mentors others in Critical Account Management.
- Travel to customer sites and VMware offices as required.
- For 24x7 mission critical customer sites, weekend and evening coverage may be required.
- Lead and participate in projects related to solutions support and organizational growth.
Skills & Requirements:
- Must be able to work with ambiguity and change adverse situations
- Must be experienced with interfacing with C-level Executive Leadership, Engineering, Sales, Professional Services, Partners, and Customers
- Customer Focus
- Ability to convey a strong sense of urgency
- Critical thinker, problem solver, and a leader in times of crisis
- Possesses Jedi-like abilities and uses only when needed
- Experience in working effectively in high stress situations
- Customer Critical Situation Management and Customer Relationship Management experience with a tech company
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience influencing people across functional and regional boundaries
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with global or international operations
- Minimum 5 years experience in technical support or engineering role preferably in enterprise class systems and/or virtualization products
- Minimum 5 years experience in escalation management and/or crisis management supporting enterprise level customers
- BS Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred