Cloud Platform Support Engineer
Cork, IrelandJob ID 1582028 Date posted Mar. 22, 2019
PaaS Technical Support Engineer - Cloud Foundry
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
To make sure your days are energized, Pivotal provides an open-plan office space, bringing together talented, like-minded support engineers. Team stand-ups bring everyone together for a video call, to check in on what’s ahead, and for the global team to hand off critical client issues.
Your days are full of opportunities to be helpful, learn, and share knowledge as you address customer challenges, note what you do to succeed, and share it with your colleagues.
We occasionally have weekend support rotations, and make sure people have time to relax and recharge.
Required Skills / Experiences
Our team members are all familiar, skilled, and/or experienced in some of the following (we do not expect you to check everything on this list)
- Linux and Windows operating systems, network administration, and networking protocols/functions (e.g., HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, SMTP, DNS)
- IaaS/Cloud Infrastructure (e.g., Google Cloud Platform, Azure, AWS, OpenStack, vSphere, etc.)
- Pivotal OSS technologies such as the Spring framework, RabbitMQ, Redis, Tomcat and Geode/Gemfire.
- Databases such as Postgres, MySQL and other NoSQL databases.
- Container technologies such as Docker or container orchestration tools like CoreOS, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, etc.
- Software development practices and tools, git workflows, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Reading, understanding and making changes to moderately complex applications written in one of the following languages: Ruby, Python Rails, GO, NodeJS, and especially .NET and/or Java
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Automation tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Saltstack, Mesos or similar technologies
- Ticketing systems such as Zendesk, Jira, Desk.com, Salesforce Service Cloud, Freshdesk
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.