Application Load Balancing Engineer
Cork, IrelandJob ID R032629 Date posted Sep. 03, 2019
Application Load Balancing Engineer
Location: Dell EMC Dublin Campus, Cherrywood, Dublin, Ireland
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Application Load Balancing Engineer on our Global Network Operations (GNO) team in Dublin, Ireland.
Networks. Architecture. Infrastructure. All need to work in harmony at the leading edge when you’re dealing with technology that drives human progress. In Network Systems Management, we support customers with network design, operations, convergence and security. After evaluating the current and future business requirements of our customers, and ensuring compatibility with existing and future environmental integration, we develop, maintain and deliver fully resourced project plans to deliver network systems that meet their precise needs.
- You will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the Load Balancer environment
- Teamwork is essential as you will be working with application teams to review the Load Balancing & DNS requirements
- Your experience puts you at the heart of our environment, reviewing, assessing and improving load balancing & DNS implementation plans
- Troubleshooting is an area you consider yourself an expert and will be bringing this to our load balancing & DNS related issues
- You will be our Subject Matter Expert in everything Load Balancing, mentoring the wider Dell community and being a champion in your field
- You will need to be a Bluecat DNS/DHCP/IPAM Administrator
- 5+ years of experience with F5 Load Balancers (LTM/GTM required - APM preferred)
- Knowledge of DNS and IPAM including configuration utilizing Bluecat, Infoblox, etc
- 5+ years of experience with Linux/Unix and other open source software to include BIND
- Must have a deep knowledge of TCP/IP and how applications work on a full proxy load balancer
- Good understanding of routing protocols BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP
- Cisco and/or Dell Networking Routing/Switching experience
- Perform Version Upgrades and replacements on LTM/GTM
- Hands on experience with IP subnetting, Telnet/SSH Clients, TMOS scripting, Tool Command Language (TCL), Terminal Server Remote Access, ServiceNow, Wireshark, Fiddler, F5 Software Versions (11x-13x), Enterprise Manager/BigIQ, inventory/maintenance tracking, and vendor support case handling
- F5 Certified Administrator (F5-CA) preferred
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can take IT project management to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 30/09/2019
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.