Analyst, Material Planning
Cork, IrelandJob ID R33817 Date posted Mar. 19, 2019
Analyst, Material Planning
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Analyst, Material Planning on our Production Control team in Cork.
- Responsible for positioning kanbans and fulfilling backlog demand requirements
- Develops and monitors schedules for products and commodities to meet external and internal customer demand.
- Resolves problems with inventory, production schedules, or materials shortages and recommends procedures to avoid future problems.
- Works under limited direction. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met.
- Establishes a balance between vendors and customers based on supply and demand for materials and finished goods.
- Ensuring that we meet our quarterly inventory goals
- Reporting on all excesses
- Strong communication & negotiation skills.
- Customer focused.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sense of urgency / quick thinking
- Attention to detail
- Strong systems skills with proven excellence Microsoft Office particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- 3rd Level College experience in associated field or related industry experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can offer expert knowledge of planning and forecasting techniques, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.