Advisor Import Export
Cork, IrelandJob ID R70958 Date posted May. 22, 2019
Sr. Export Compliance Analyst- Dell Trade compliance
Dell Trade compliance provides subject matter expertise and tactical execution in part and product delivery services, supporting Dell commerce worldwide.
We provide value to Dell by executing to commitments, controlling costs, mitigating trade and compliance risks, improving customer satisfaction, and providing innovative solutions to satisfying both forward and reverse delivery operations
This is an operational role based in DellEMC Cork working as part of the Dell Trade compliance EMEA team, primarily supporting export compliance activities but broadly working on a variety of trade compliance activities and working closely with other regional teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute export control policies and procedure.
- Complete restricted party screening and review of business partners and end customers.
- Obtain and review end user certificates for compliance with Dell policy and regulations
- Preparing, submitting and maintaining EU export licenses
- Maintain reporting metrics
- Participate in targeted risk assessments and transactional testing
- Support and maintain updates to Dell trade compliance applications
- Contribute to the company’s global trade compliance strategy
Skills and qualifications
- Knowledge of key export processes
- Understanding of the interpretation and application of EU and US export regulation and other export laws an advantage
- Awareness of export and import product classification
- Possesses product/technology/industry knowledge
- Knowledgeable IT systems and application including Oracle, SAP and trade compliance applications (Tradesphere, Oracle GTM, Amber Road)
- Possess strong communication skills both oral and written
- Good problem solving abilities and ability to work in a team environment
- Presentation skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or Customs & Trade
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience in trade compliance or logistic with specific export control experience an advantage
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you understand the complexities of global business from the perspective of import-export compliance, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.