Consultant, Account Services Management
Columbus, OhioJob ID R33442 Date posted Mar. 14, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Consultant, Account Services Mangement located in Columbus, Ohio.
Dell customers expect great things from both our products and our services. Account Services Management is all about managing and overseeing seamless service delivery processes. It’s a hugely varied field of work. Processes range from incident management to change management, from configuration management to customer management. The team makes sure disputes and technical issues are resolved. We also provide excellent communication to the customer around every activity – from the tactical to the strategic.
As a Consultant, Account Services Management, you are a key member of the EMC Customer Service Team who supports our largest and most strategically important customers.
- Functions as the single point-of-contact for service activities, educates the customer on EMC service delivery, tools and interfaces.
- Communicates relevant service updates and recommendations to both internal & external customers to ensure a level of compliance and performance
- Collaborates with EMC resources and customer during escalations
- Leverages big data analysis to provide customer environment insight and uses data to build a compelling account plan and strategy
- Accountable for Change control management to ensure stability of environments
- Works with the customer to proactively identify and resolve potential issues to achieve high system availability
- Attends customer site frequently (at least two days per week) or as appropriate
- Provides monthly and quarterly reports to proactively inform customer of overall account status, including ongoing service activities, recommendations for further risk mitigation, updates on incident solution and progress of upgrades and enhancements
- Leads meetings with an executive level audience and articulates a forward thinking account plan
- Builds and fosters a broad network across the customer and across EMC
- Assists with and participates in project work
- Assists in ensuring accuracy of service maintenance contracts billing
- Builds key relationships and effective networks
- Ability to influence cross functionally and in a matrix environment
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- Complex problem solving
- Bachelors (Non – Technical)
- EMC Proven Professional Certification (desired)
- ITIL Foundation (desired)
- 8+ years relevant experience (customer facing, large accounts, industry related) with a Bachelor’s Degree.
- 6+ years related experience with a Master’s Degree.
- 3+ years related experience with a PhD.
- Or equivalent experience
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.