Software Engineer - Cloud Analytics - Secureworks - Columbia, MD or Remote
Columbia, MarylandJob ID R82842 Date posted Jan. 03, 2019
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
We are looking for a highly motivated software engineer to work in a fast-paced, startup-like environment to build analytic solutions that advance the state-of-the-art in network defense. Our goal is to automatically detect and respond to a variety of threat actors and help predict what they might do next. You will use the latest big data platforms and technologies (e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure, Spark, Kafka, Flink, Docker, Kubernetes) to rapidly deploy new algorithms and applications on the next generation Secureworks platform and work with a seasoned, cross-functional team of software engineers, data scientists, and security experts.
The ideal candidate will have a strong software development background with an emphasis on distributed systems and some familiarity with data science or machine learning, though personal expertise is not required. This role requires a software developer that can take ideas from concept to reality and work well within an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software applications as secure, scalable, performant, and fault-tolerant solutions across a multi-cloud architecture.
- Collaborate with data scientists and security researchers to productize new methods of extracting information from logs and APIs and detecting security incidents.
- Work effectively on a geographically distributed team to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- BS in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years of relevant software development experience using object oriented and functional programming paradigms.
- Proficiency with multiple programming languages including but not limited to: Scala, Python, Go.
- Experience with Amazon AWS, Google GCP, or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience developing security- or analytically-focused applications using big data platforms (e.g. Spark, AWS EMR/Batch, GCP Dataproc/Dataflow, Azure HDInsight), stream-processing systems (e.g. Kafka, Flink, AWS Kinesis, Google Pub/Sub, Azure Event Hubs), or serverless architectures (e.g. AWS Lambda, GCP/Azure Functions).
- Great technical communicator with both technical and non technical peers.
- Passionate about well-crafted code and a strong desire to learn.
- Certified as AWS Solutions Architect, GCP Cloud Architect, or MCSE in Azure Cloud Platform and Infrastructure.
- Experience with AWS CloudTrail/CloudWatch, GCP Cloud Audit Logging/Cloud Monitoring, Azure Log Analytics/Monitor, or Microsoft Graph Security API.
- Familiarity with data science techniques or machine learning.
- Familiarity with packet captures, network flows, log data, malware analysis, etc.
- Prior experience developing software in an entrepreneurial environment.
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.