Machine Learning Engineer - Secureworks - Columbia, MD or Remote
Columbia, MarylandJob ID R82840 Date posted Jan. 02, 2019
Machine Learning Engineer
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
We are looking for an expert machine learning engineer to work in a fast-paced, startup-like environment, to build valuable analytic solutions that advance the state-of-the-art in network defense. Above all, we need someone who can perform both cutting edge research in machine learning as well as engineer production-ready solutions on distributed systems to solve large-scale problems. If you’re an engineer or data scientist with experience applying machine learning to solve challenging real-world problems, you might have what it takes to become an elite member of our team and help us stop the bad guys by innovating faster than they can.
You will work on the next generation Secureworks platform, demonstrating the power that machine learning and data science can bring to cyber security. You’ll join a seasoned, cross-functional team of Software Engineers, Security Experts, and Data Scientists to rapidly deploy new algorithms and applications on massive, multi-modal data sets.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable giving technical presentations and be able to discuss both theoretical and practical specifics of machine learning algorithms and analytic methodologies. The candidate must be able to work effectively in a distributed team environment to collaborate on this exciting new product initiative.
- Formulate, implement, and validate new applications of machine learning to threat intelligence, network situational awareness, intrusion detection and prevention, incident response, and malware analysis.
- Write high-quality, efficient code to implement your ideas and deploy them in secure, scalable, and fault-tolerant solutions across a distributed architecture.
- Prototype and integrate new approaches to extract information from structured and unstructured data and correlate events across multiple sources.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources including novel ways of getting it labeled.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in software development.
- 3+ years of work or educational experience with machine learning or data science.
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Python, Scala, C++, or Java.
- Experience with problems and projects that depart from your average academic or Kaggle project and address real-world issues like severe class imbalance.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques in high-dimensional spaces including kernels, ensembles, regularization, dimensionality reduction, and clustering.
- Extensive experience with a variety of machine learning algorithms, ideally with a focus on information security, detection tasks, recommender systems, or natural language processing.
- Strong understanding of the limitations of various architectural approaches when applied to machine learning algorithms when confronting complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- Experience with big data platforms and developing end-to-end solutions.
- Familiarity with SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
- Passionate about machine learning and a desire to constantly learn as the field evolves.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
- 3+ years developing and deploying machine learning solutions in a production environment.
- Experience with a machine learning library, such as scikit-learn, MLlib, TensorFlow, Caffe/2, Keras, Pytorch/Torch, MxNet, etc.
- Exposure to deep learning, differential privacy, probabilistic data structures, or similar.
- Exposure to packet captures, network flows, log data, malware analysis, a plus.
- Experience with stream-processing systems, such as Kafka, Storm/Heron, Spark, or Flink.
- Experience with distributed NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, or Accumulo.
- Experience with Amazon AWS, Google GCP, or similar cloud provider.
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration solutions.
- Prior experience working at a startup or in an entrepreneurial environment.
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.