DPS Systems Engineer - Commercial - Charlotte or Columbia, SC or Remote
Charlotte, North Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, United States;Remote - North Carolina, United States;Remote - South Carolina, United StatesJob ID R045355 Date posted Nov. 14, 2019
Do you like to win? Our Dell Technologies team is a powerful team offering a simplified technology sales strategy. With the ability to sell a suite of IT solutions from one company, you can offer a full customized package to your clients without barriers. The interconnectivity between all of Dell Technologies will enable not only your sales growth but career growth as well. If you are at the height of your sales career and want to find a place that will offer stability and tenure then, “Think Dell!”
Have experience in the Data Protection or Storage business and curious about Presales? Let us show you what a career in tech sales is like. Apply today to learn more.
At the Data Protection Systems division, you will have the opportunity to turn your ideas and initiative into a career with the world's information infrastructure leader. Our product portfolio consists of a best-of-breed combination of backup and archive products, including Data Domain, the #1 deduplication storage system, and Avamar, the #1 deduplication software and system. DELL has a commanding market lead in backup and recovery. IDC's latest report on a purpose built backup appliances shows DELL with 65 percent market share, 4x our nearest competitor. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team and help take us to the next level in the backup, recovery and archive market. If you are looking for a work environment that thrives on diverse perspectives and technological excellence, the DELL Backup Recovery Systems division is for you.
The DPS team is looking for a people-focused technical sales leader who provides technical direction and business guidance to the regional sales team. As a Systems Engineer, you will be accountable for regional revenue goals by driving innovative technical programs and overseeing day-to-day account-level activities.
- Provides high-level technical expertise in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market.
- Assists in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated technology solutions.
- Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integration.
- Makes technical and sales presentations to customer's technical staff and senior management.
- Understands DELL and competitive technology and business applications within the assigned market. May assist in the development of responses to customer requests and proposals as required.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3-7 yrs of applicable experience with a University degree in a technical discipline
- Enterprise systems engineering / presales experience
- A self-motivated leader, highly energetic, with a strong hands-on, “can do” approach.
- Deep expertise in backup and recovery (NBU, Veeam, Rubrik, Avamar, Data Domain, RecoverPoint, Networker, Veritas, etc) including knowledge of next generation storage architectures: SAN, NAS or iSCSI.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.