Federal Technology Services Management Consultant - Remote opportunities in Washington DC; Sacramento, CA; St Louis, MN; Norfolk, VA; Colorado Springs, CO; San Antonio, TX and Tampa, FL
Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID R70586 Date posted Oct. 11, 2018
Federal Technology Services Management Consultant
Remote opportunities in Washington DC; Sacramento, CA; St Louis, MN; Norfolk, VA; Colorado Springs, CO; San Antonio, TX and Tampa, FL
The incumbents in these roles are responsible for ensuring contractual service/support requirements are understood and managed to the support service requirement of the customer SOW. He/She will also ensures effective communication and coordination of problem-solving efforts between support teams, account teams, field service personnel and customers. The individual will collaborate with other DellEMC team members to ensure consistency of delivery, adherence to standard practices, and continuous improvement deployment and support services.
- Serves as a designated resource for the United States Government. The Onsite Principal Engineer will be the customer's primary point of contact for delivering support and coordination operational related activities of all Dell Technologies.
- Ensures a positive customer experience by providing oversight and management for customer support planning and technical issues.
- Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity and assists the Sales team in pre-sales support questions
- Serve as the single point of warranty support; provides customer account management on a 24x7x365 basis, including resource coordination, customer management, technical resolution management, and communications at various levels during warranty services engagements
- During an outage or failure, helps to identify and leverage Dell and partner resources in order to satisfy the technical needs and objectives of the customers implementation
- Downloads, burns to CD/DVD, virus-scans, and delivers software updates (Application, Firmware, BIOS, Driver, and Diagnostics) to the customers
- Travels to customer locations as needed
Account Management/Customer Advocate
- Works closely with account teams to ensure end-to-end planning and sustainment of Dell solutions; helps account team to design the customer solutions and supports the installation, customization, and integration of the solution
- Explains where Dell products and services fit into customer's IT structure
- Provide feedback to customer on any observed/known issues; develop and maintain custom customer support plans and relationships that are tailored to each individual projects unique requirements.
- Uses DellEMC and customer information to account for customer assets
- Contributes to the development of warranty and maintenance strategies, policies and best practices through participation in management meetings and other direct contributions
- Typically requires 12+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8+ years with a Master’s degree; or 5+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- Must be U.S. citizen
- Must possess and maintain an active TS/SCI with CI-Poly clearance
- Possesses technical knowledge of Dell Enterprise, Dell Client, Dell Storage, Dell Services, and partner software, services and peripherals
- Strong project management skills with an in-depth understanding of system architecture and design
- Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments: Unix, Linux or Windows experience/knowledge TCP/IP networking experience
- Recommended certifications: A+, Security +, MCITP/MCSE, VCP, RHSA
- Recommended technology experience: Enterprise Servers and Storage, Client Technologies, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NAS, DAS, SAS, SATA
- Familiarity with the following: Enterprise Management Tools, GPGPU Technology, Hadoop, Vertica, Greenplum, Citrix, Enterprise Virtualization, Cloud Technologies, HPC
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.