Federal On-Site Technical Account Manager
Remote - Colorado, United States, Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States;Washington, DC, District of Columbia, United StatesJob ID R025822 Date posted Jul. 25, 2019
Federal Technical Account Manager
Colorado Springs or Washington DC
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Federal Technical Account Manager on ourteam in Colorado Springs or Washington DC..
Join Dell and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
Dell customers expect great things from both our products and our services. Account Services Management is all about managing and overseeing seamless service delivery processes. It’s a hugely varied field of work. Processes range from incident management to change management, from configuration management to customer management. The team makes sure disputes and technical issues are resolved. We also provide excellent communication to the customer around every activity – from the tactical to the strategic.
- Manage the dispatch , delivery, and return of parts.
- During an outage or failure, helps to identify and leverage Dell and partner resources in order to satisfy the technical needs and objectives of the customers implementation
- Download, burn to CD/DVD, virus-scan, and deliver software updates (Application, Firmware, BIOS, Driver, and Diagnostics) the customer.
- Perform trend analysis of historical issues
- Travels to customer locations as needed.
Account Management/Customer Advocate:
- Single point of warranty support that provides customer account management on a 24x7x365 basis, including resource coordination, customer management, dispute and technical resolution management, and communications at various levels during warranty services engagements.
- Works closely with account teams to ensure end-to-end planning and sustainment of Dell solutions.
- Helps account team to design the customer solutions and supports the installation, customization, and integration of the solution.
- US Citizenship required
- Active TS/SCI Clearance is required
- Undergraduate degree and 8+ years, or Graduate degree and 6+ years of relevant experience
- Technical knowledge of Dell Enterprise, Dell Client, Dell Storage, Dell Services, and partner software, services and peripherals
- Ability to install or modify diagnostic tools to perform in customer environment
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong project management skills with an in-depth understanding of system architecture and design
- Familiarity with the following a plus but not required
- Enterprise Management Tools, GPGPU Technology, Hadoop, Vertica, Greenplum, Citrix, Enterprise Virtualization, Cloud Technologies, HPC, KACE
- Unix, Linux or Windows experience/knowledge, and TCP/IP networking experience
- A+, Security +, MCITP/MCSE, VCP, RHSA, CCNA certifications
- Enterprise Servers and Storage, Client Technologies, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NAS, DAS, SAS, SATA experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.