Sr Advisor, Proposal Management
City of Taguig, PhilippinesJob ID R80047 Date posted Nov. 21, 2018
Senior Advisor, Proposal Management
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a [Job title] on our [Job family] team in [Location].
It takes a team with a wide range of talents to create ground-breaking products. Our Proposal Management team within Professional Services has the expertise to bring the process together. We support the opportunity lifecycle from development through to contracting, acting as the primary liaison between the customer and the financial support organizations. RPF tenders, customer business case analysis, total cost of ownership modelling – we take it all in our stride.
- Drive delivery of Professional Services Quotations at a Theater level or for a Practice. Acts as Services Quote Center (SQC) representative for a Theater. Participates in the escalation process to ensure that deliverables meet schedules and customer request.
- Responsible for managing the full life cycle of Quotes, from requirements gathering through to PreSales or Solutions Principal Offering deliverables. Cover multi-Theater multi-practice proposals of any level of complexity.
- Responsible for creating a Project Summary based on the request, a Level of Effort (LOE) and SOW.
- Act as main PS Delivery point of contact for Service Sales support activities. Coordinate sales efforts with delivery management, Solution Architects and product-led practices. Participates in regional marketing events to promote the Product-led service portfolio. Contributes to service definitions, service portfolio and "go-to-market" collateral. Deliver accurate bookings forecasts within assigned area or territory
- Define solid, workable solutions and provides resolutions to diverse range of complex business problems. Uses Level of Effort (LOE) estimation tools to produce estimates. Understand resource types and adjust estimates for local skills. Acts as an advisor in Deal reviews with account teams.
- Ensure delivery and release of the detailed SOW developed for PreSales, Solution Principals, and the Customer, based upon customer requirements and system architecture communicated by PreSales or Solution Principals.
- Edit and apply local customizations as required. Work with Consultants and Project Managers to assist in the document finalization.
- Develop, manage and lead all relationships with the customer (Presales), delivery and the business
- Establish and manage all EMC inter-organizational relationships to expand and enhance the SQC business
- Advanced skills and experience in Project Management with an aptitude for developing services solutions around EMC products and offerings.
- Should be able to sponsor the SQC processes using PM Skills. Will act as Divisional representative.
- Advanced skills and experience in delivering EMC Technology Solutions including design and implementation.
- Provide support to EMC Solutions Assurance process to ensure the overall solution
- Advanced communication skill to effectively communicate mission, vision, and strategy to sales, presales and delivery.
- Must be a Team player, able to function inside a team. Must demonstrate excellent communication skills and support multi-cultural diversity
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor Technical Degree or equivalent, or EMC Proven Professional Certification, PMI/PMP Certification, or demonstrated experience based skills
- 8+ years of experience in professional services with a solid understanding of key presales processes including requirements definition, scope development, work effort/cost estimation, proposal documentation (Basis Of Estimate /Statement of Work), and risk identification
- Strong background with Case management
- Experience handling Professional Services, Effort Estimation, and Pricing
- Project Management
- Strong interpersonal Skills
- Effective communication with Sales, Pre-Sales and delivery community in an organization
- Skills using corporate tools and following process and governance
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have great business development skills, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here