Senior Advisor, Services Project/Program Management
Chicago, Illinois, Remote - Illinois, United StatesJob ID R041898 Date posted Nov. 14, 2019
Senior Project Manager
Location Chicago, IL
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Project Manager on our Project/Program Management team in Chicago metro area.
It takes something special to drive the development and implementation of new and exciting products and services. That’s a job for our Deploy Services Project and Program Management team within Professional Services. The team works closely with sales, customer service, partners, customers and other technical support groups in cross-functional teams. Together, they manage the lifecycle of highly complex, high risk projects - from design to delivery.
Works with external clients/customers to monitors projects from initiation through delivery and ensures technical compatibility for the various accounts. Organizes the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Responsible for the delivery of complex, high risk projects and maintaining project quality, finances and focus Prepares detailed project plans of an engagement within the standards of project management methodologies detailing schedules, controls, resources, costs and daily tasks, establishing project governance
- Reviews and validates statement of work (SOW) Establishes project governance
- Responsible for the delivery and daily management of activities, which are coordinated with Dell employees or Partner Resources Works with Resource Management on project staffing Accountable for delivering projects on time Controls the financial compliance Completes weekly and quarterly forecasts of revenue and utilization Prepares estimated time to complete, manages backlog Manages the cost budget and the impact of change requests on cost budget
- Responsible for correct Responsible for Quality Assurance; ensure project is delivered to scope defined within SOW and ensure any deviations are processed via defined Change Control process
- Participates in customer discussions regarding budget, risk and impact of changes Point of contact during the project for all aspects of the engagement
- Ensures a strong and seamless relationship by maintaining communications about the project to the stakeholders: customers, management, sales and delivery personnel
- Holds internal and Articulates the full value of the Dell Solutions and Dell Services business benefit to the customer Keeps eyes open on potential future opportunities at the customers' and communicates to sales as appropriate
- Lead team during project life-cycle; provide project management, leadership and oversight to project and/or work streams
- Provide performance feedback to management and team members
- Stays abreast of current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars
- Complete and maintain industry recognized project management certification Complete quarterly
- May actively contribute to the account planning process
Must Have Requirements
- Minimum of 8+ years of Professional Project / Program Management experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; or 6+ years with a Master’s Degree; or equivalent experience
- Experience managing Infrastructure deployments
- Robust customer service management for enterprise size clients
- Strong knowledge of EMC Storage, Data Domain, Avamar, etc.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have what it takes to bring innovative new products and services to life in collaboration with world-class experts, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.