Networking Sales Engineer - Commercial IL/IN
Chicago, IllinoisJob ID R041833 Date posted Nov. 01, 2019
Networking Sales Engineer - Commercial - IL/IN region
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Networking Systems Engineer on our Commercial Networking team.
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and our expert Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
- The Networking Sales Engineer is responsible for working with their assigned field sales account executives and inside sales teams to drive and grow the enterprise business within their specific customer account sets.
- As the Sales Engineer, you are the lead resource within your region/territory responsible for discovering, identifying, qualifying and closing Enterprise Networking and Services technology solutions that we sell to our customers.
- The Networking Sales Engineer works with their account team to identify the customer IT decision makers and key influencers within a company in order to build trusting customer relationships that enable Dell to become primary partner of choice for Enterprise technology solutions. The Sales Engineer must be able to identify and overcome the technical barriers associated with the customers IT decision making process.
- This role focuses on delivering solutions that meet/exceed the IT and Business requirements of our customers which often times are highly complex enterprise solutions, the Sales Engineer is also responsible for establishing and developing key relationships with software and peripheral suppliers and services partners that allow the account team to offer comprehensive enterprise solutions for their diverse customer environments.
- The Networking Sales Engineer serves as the technical lead in designing and architecting solutions that not only meet/exceed the IT and business goals, but also deliver outstanding customer experiences.
- Typically 10+ years networking related technical experience selling complex information technology solutions to commercial and/or enterprise customers.
- Great knowledge of Networking, Hyperconvergence and Virtualization.
- Strong understanding of the systems integration and IT consulting businesses.
- Demonstrated ability to engage stakeholders outside of traditional technical decision makers to ensure all value elements of Dell Technology Solutions are conveyed.
- Ability to work well within a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to engage multiple resources, and build consensus while driving long term, complex, and highly competitive sales campaigns.
- Willingness to travel up to 80% of the business week.
- General comprehension of Dell / Dell Partners Networking solutions.
- General comprehension of virtualization solutions.
- Experience with both direct and indirect selling motions (existing relationships with regional partners and channel sellers a plus).
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
From developing brand new accounts to driving expansion across existing accounts, our Direct Sales team transforms opportunity into action every day. Whether focusing on a geographical area, product line, industry, channel or market segment, their goal is the same: to develop relationships with the end-users of the organization and generate meaningful sales. They are the direct line between our ground-breaking portfolio of product solutions and the desks of satisfied customers.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.